Jakarta EE 9 support in GWT

mike newton

Apr 3, 2023, 3:44:48 AM4/3/23
to GWT Users
Hi,

I'm working on a large Java library that utilizes both Spring and GWT. We want to move to Spring 6 as soon as possible but currently cannot do this because GWT 2.10 uses javax instead of jakarta.

Some work towards supporting jakarta has been discussed here - https://github.com/gwtproject/gwt/issues/9727.

Are there any intentions to support Jakarta in an upcoming GWT release?

Thanks,
Mike.

Colin Alworth

Apr 6, 2023, 8:19:03 AM4/6/23
to GWT Users
The work on this topic is being discussed on that ticket and related pull requests. In short, if there is community support to implement and test this, it will be present in a future release.

Please try the test builds already discussed there, and consider joining the discussion to help contribute to the work.

mike newton

Apr 13, 2023, 1:12:46 AM4/13/23
to GWT Users
Thanks very much Colin. I will post on that Git discussion.