Code fails to compile with GWT 2.10.0

Velusamy Velu

Nov 21, 2023, 5:09:39 PM11/21/23
to GWT Users
Attempting move an application that has been working good with GWT 2.9 to 2.10.0. However, the compile task is running into the following issue:

Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 44444
                [ERROR] Line 26: Value 'ie10' in not a valid value for property 'user.agent'

Seeing the issue's originating from GMD, I thought I should move that too from 2.1 to a higher version. Moved to 2.2 but the AsyncButton is moved from gwt.material.design.incubator.client.async to somewhere else. Tried looking for the release notes but I couldn't put my hands on that either.

Any idea if AsyncButton is still available or replaced by something else? Or, is there a pointer to the JavaDoc please?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks
Velu

Colin Alworth

Nov 22, 2023, 10:22:40 AM11/22/23
to GWT Users
Reviewing https://github.com/GwtMaterialDesign/gwt-material/releases, I see that 2.4.0 was the first version that was built against GWT 2.9 itself, and latest HEAD still appears to use GWT 2.9.0 according to the pom file.

On the other hand, at https://github.com/GwtMaterialDesign/gwt-material-jquery/releases (which is where the gwt.material.design.jquery.JQuery module in your error message comes from), it appears that gwt-material.jquery 2.6.0 removed IE10, so should be compatible with GWT 2.10.0. In turn, https://github.com/GwtMaterialDesign/gwt-material/blob/f00988f392ef0e8f4c839dce8cf1fbb05dc10ae6/gwt-material/pom.xml#L21 shows that the gwt-material matches the same version of gwt-material-jquery, so I would expect that gmd 2.6.0+ will work for you (latest is 2.8.3).

Their Javadoc is linked from their readme, see https://gwtmaterialdesign.github.io/gwt-material-demo/apidocs/. I don't obviously see AsyncButton in there (might be in one of the other repos like addins?) but I also don't use GMD on a regular basis.

You might also find more luck in their gitter chat (https://matrix.to/#/#GwtMaterialDesign_gwt-material:gitter.im), slack channel (https://gmd-project.slack.com/), or issue tracker.

Velusamy Velu

Nov 22, 2023, 11:00:54 AM11/22/23
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi Colin:

I appreciate the prompt response, and will follow the links you provided.

Thanks

Velusamy K. Velu