Any news on when super dev mode will be released?

Paul Stockley

Sep 7, 2010, 5:26:33 PM9/7/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Speeding up reloads would very much be appreciated.

Chris Conroy

Sep 8, 2010, 6:20:31 PM9/8/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Paul,

We're actively working on it. Note that 'super dev mode' isn't quite in existence yet, it's more of a goal than a concrete thing at the moment. Though there was a short lived branch with that name--most of those particular changes have already gone in.

If you like, you can profile DevMode by running GWT from trunk and passing -Dgwt.speedtracerlog="/path/to/myproject-st.html" which will cause DevMode to output a SpeedTracer log to that file. You can then use the Chrome Extension SpeedTracer to inspect the generated log to see where DevMode is spending time for your app. If you'd like to share, you can feel free to post screenshots of the SpeedTracer detail view for your Module Init.

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 5:26 PM, Paul Stockley <pstoc...@gmail.com> wrote:
Speeding up reloads would very much be appreciated.

Chris Conroy
Software Engineer
Google, Atlanta

Chris Conroy

Sep 8, 2010, 6:21:18 PM9/8/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
P.S. that flag needs to get passed in the JVM arguments. Also note you'll need to enable local file access for SpeedTracer in the chrome://extensions page.

Paul Stockley

Sep 9, 2010, 12:06:03 PM9/9/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Thanks, If I have time to build trunk I will give it a go. Will the
profiling option be in the
next milestone release of 2.1?

On Sep 8, 6:21 pm, Chris Conroy <con...@google.com> wrote:
> P.S. that flag needs to get passed in the JVM arguments. Also note you'll
> need to enable local file access for SpeedTracer in the chrome://extensions
> page.
>

> On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 6:20 PM, Chris Conroy <con...@google.com> wrote:
> > Paul,
>
> > We're actively working on it. Note that 'super dev mode' isn't quite in
> > existence yet, it's more of a goal than a concrete thing at the moment.
> > Though there was a short lived branch with that name--most of those
> > particular changes have already gone in.
>
> > If you like, you can profile DevMode by running GWT from trunk and passing
> > -Dgwt.speedtracerlog="/path/to/myproject-st.html" which will cause DevMode
> > to output a SpeedTracer log to that file. You can then use the Chrome
> > Extension SpeedTracer to inspect the generated log to see where DevMode is
> > spending time for your app. If you'd like to share, you can feel free to
> > post screenshots of the SpeedTracer detail view for your Module Init.
>
> > On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 5:26 PM, Paul Stockley <pstockl...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Speeding up reloads would very much be appreciated.
>
> >> --
> >> .

Chris Conroy

Sep 9, 2010, 12:08:29 PM9/9/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the profiling will be in the next release.

Thomas Broyer

Sep 9, 2010, 12:25:08 PM9/9/10
to Google Web Toolkit

On Sep 9, 6:06 pm, Paul Stockley <pstockl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, If I have time to build trunk I will give it a go. Will the
> profiling option be in the
> next milestone release of 2.1?

It's already working in 2.1M3, but it'll give you more info in the
next milestone