How to wrap an existing div into an HTML widget ?

Joe

Jan 30, 2011, 7:16:57 AM1/30/11
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi,

I wonder how to wrap an existing div into an HTML widget.

I am using GQuery to retrieve the element already attached to the html
page.

Now that I have a DOM div element, I use HTML myHtml =
HTML.wrap(element);

When i run the code i get the following error:

java.lang.AssertionError: A widget that has an existing parent widget
may not be added to the detach list
at
com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.RootPanel.detachOnWindowClose(RootPanel.java:
136)
at com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.HTML.wrap(HTML.java:66)

Any ideas, suggestions or help are welcome.

Thank's,

Joe

Joe

Jan 30, 2011, 8:41:01 AM1/30/11
to Google Web Toolkit
It's working fine now.

My mistake was that somewhere on the page I was doing this action:

RootPanel root = RootPanel.get("content");
root.setStyleName("content_style");

so instead of doing this, I did:

Document.get().getElementById("content").removeClassName("content_style");

And now I am able to write

HTML myHtml = HTML.wrap(element); // element retrieved by GQuery.

So my problem is solved.

However, I cannot now add widgets to the element : <div id="content"></
div>
using root.add(new HTML());

Why is that? any workarounds ?