[ERROR] Upgrade GWT from 2.5.1 to 2.9

Alex Belyjaev

Jul 17, 2021, 6:59:15 AM7/17/21
to GWT Users
Hi Everyone!
I am trying to update GWT version for this project ( pentaho/pentaho-platform: Pentaho BA Server Core (github.com) (Branch 9.2 R). They are using GWT in module user-console.
I simply changed version for gwt-servlet, gwt-user, gwt-dev, gwt-maven-plugin from 2.5.1 to 2.9. But i am taking errors.

JDK 1.8
Maven 3.6.3
My current pom and errors in attachment.

Thank you for answers ;)
pom.xml
1.jpg
2.jpg

Thomas Broyer

Jul 19, 2021, 6:06:11 AM7/19/21
to GWT Users
“Ignored 3 units with compilation errors in first pass.”
“Compile with -strict or -logLevel set to DEBUG or WARN to see all errors”
“Ignored 13 units with compilation errors in first pass.”
“Compile with -strict or -logLevel set to TRACE or DEBUG to see all errors”

Do what's suggested here: compile with -strict/-failOnError, it should tell you where the problem actually is: https://gwt-maven-plugin.github.io/gwt-maven-plugin/compile-mojo.html#failOnError