GWT Java Full Stack Developer Job

Thomas

May 12, 2022, 1:21:25 AM5/12/22
to GWT Users
Hi all,
Would it be ok to post a job ad for a GWT Java Full Stack Developer Job here?

Thanks,
Thomas

Craig Mitchell

May 12, 2022, 4:19:13 AM5/12/22
to GWT Users
There was a group for job listings, but I think it's now gone.  I'd say go for it (but I'm not an admin).

Thomas

May 12, 2022, 5:12:46 AM5/12/22
to GWT Users
Please remove if inappropriate or let me know and I'll remove.
---------
Inspectivity are looking for an experienced remote full stack Java/Web/GWT developer for a long term role in a small team. We are a growing Australian tech company providing a paperless, cloud-based inspection solution for critical assets. We assist engineering projects to digitalise their approach to inspection management.

You will be working on a web and mobile application. The web application is a Java8/Spring/Spring Security/Spring Data/JPA/PostgreSQL backend with a GWT front end. Our mobile application is developed in GWT as well which is packaged in a Cordova Android app. It's a reasonably sized existing code base with ~4100 classes for the Frontend and Backend. We use JasperReports for generating pixel-perfect PDF reports. The solution is hosted in AWS making use of modern automation techniques.

You will be implementing client specific customisations, bug fixes and big and small improvements. In the mid term, we aim to gradually improve the web stack by splitting the web app into smaller GWT modules and migrate parts of it to React.

The ideal candidate:

You are passionate about doing things “right” and you can easily find your way around in a large codebase. You are committed to high-quality coding standards with a focus on reusability and maintainability. You know how to architect solutions which fit into an existing codebase and you have experience working in a small team.

You are a good communicator and you have very good English skills (written and spoken). You are based in Asia or Europe which makes it easy to communicate with the team based in Perth/Australia.

Essential skills are Java8, JPA, Spring, SQL, GWT, HTML/CSS, Javascript, Git, IntelliJ and Maven. Solid understanding of React would also be required. JasperReports experience would be beneficial, too.

We offer a long-term engagement and working with a small dedicated team with quick decision making and exciting growth opportunities.

Please email sales @ inspectivity.com or myself here if interested.

Douglas de Oliveira Mendes

May 26, 2022, 8:56:02 AM5/26/22
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Was this job ad posted here? Didn't see it.

Regards,
Douglas

Thomas

May 26, 2022, 8:01:03 PM5/26/22
to GWT Users
Yes, in the reply above.

Alexander Bertram

Jun 2, 2022, 10:37:25 AM6/2/22
to GWT Users
To pile on the thread, we also have an opening for a developer position with a very important GWT component.

We are a small software firm based in the Hague, the Netherlands, that develops a niche database software, ActivityInfo, used by UN agencies and NGOs in more than 60 countries to collect, manage, analyze data. Think of a very user-friendly version of Microsoft Access, but web-based, with offline synchronization.

We have been using GWT from the start, since 2008, but in 2019 completed a full rewrite of the codebase that kept GWT, but shifted towards a functional reactive user interface built on a GWT port of Preact and more GWT-friendly version of RxJava instead of widgets. It works really well for reliable, complex user interfaces like our form designer, spreadsheet importer and more.

To meet the needs of our users, we have our own query engine that runs both on the server, using Google Cloud Datastore as storage, in the browser, backed by IndexedDB, and on our on-premise version where Sqlite is used for storage.

We're looking for someone to join our team to help build new features, particularly in our data analysis and visualization toolset, fix the edge-case bugs our users run into, and continuously improve performance and usability. We have a great CI/CD setup, release several times a week, and get great, direct feedback from our users in Yemen, Afghanistan, Ukraine, everywhere else.

We anticipate fully remote, would be nice if you are close to the European timezone. If you're in the Netherlands, then we can offer you a nice office as well.

Thanks!

Alex