"Invalid version number" errror after upgrading from 2.1 M2 to M3

Magno Machado

Aug 26, 2010, 6:22:26 AM8/26/10
to Google-We...@googlegroups.com
After I updated the GWT version on my project, I wasn't able to launch the app anymore. I receive this error:
Invalid version number "2.0" passed to external.gwtOnLoad(), expected "2.1"; your hosted mode bootstrap file may be out of date; if you are using -noserver try recompiling and redeploying your app

I have already tried to delete the hosted.html file as sugested in other messages, but it didn't work

Gal Dolber

Aug 26, 2010, 9:06:31 AM8/26/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Remove the generated folder in the war directory and run again.

2010/8/26 Magno Machado <mag...@gmail.com>

Guit: Elegant, beautiful, modular and production ready gwt applications.

David Chandler

Aug 26, 2010, 12:18:21 PM8/26/10
to Google Web Toolkit
You may also need to clear browser cache to refresh the hosted.html
file which the plugin uses to read the version.

/dmc
David Chandler
Google Web Toolkit Team

On Aug 26, 9:06 am, Gal Dolber <gal.dol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Remove the generated folder in the war directory and run again.
>
> 2010/8/26 Magno Machado <magn...@gmail.com>
>

> > After I updated the GWT version on my project, I wasn't able to launch the
> > app anymore. I receive this error:
> > Invalid version number "2.0" passed to external.gwtOnLoad(), expected
> > "2.1"; your hosted mode bootstrap file may be out of date; if you are using
> > -noserver try recompiling and redeploying your app
>
> > I have already tried to delete the hosted.html file as sugested in other
> > messages, but it didn't work
>
> > --
> > Magno Machado Paulo
> >http://blog.magnomachado.com.br
> >http://code.google.com/p/emballo/
>
> > --
>
> --
> Guit: Elegant, beautiful, modular and *production ready* gwt applications.
>
> http://code.google.com/p/guit/

bohemian

Sep 24, 2010, 5:54:33 PM9/24/10
to Google Web Toolkit
FYI clearing the browser cache worked for me.

Kashif

Oct 8, 2010, 11:45:39 AM10/8/10
to Google Web Toolkit
This also worked for me. I wonder though - if I deploy GWT app in
Production and need to downgrade - how will my clients be forced to
refresh the file?

David Chandler (Google)

Oct 8, 2010, 1:58:00 PM10/8/10
to Google Web Toolkit
This is only an issue running in hosted mode, so your production
clients won't be affected.

--
David Chandler
Developer Programs Engineer, Google Web Toolkit

Gustavo Insaurralde

Nov 7, 2010, 2:19:05 PM11/7/10
to Google Web Toolkit
clean the cache worked for me too.