Facebook like Chat App with GWT

gangurg gangurg

Jun 25, 2011, 4:23:44 PM6/25/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to implement a Facebook style Chat APP . I use JBOSS as my APP server . Can anyone share thoughts on how do I go about .
I have GWT for my client .

mram

Jun 27, 2011, 3:07:18 AM6/27/11
to Google Web Toolkit
Hello,
I am also interested in this feature. I've started doing something
with server events that notifies the client when something has
changed...
This could be interesting for you:
de.novanic.eventservice.GWTEventService

I hope this helps. If you improve something, please share it with the
community.
:)

Jambi

Jun 27, 2011, 4:34:48 AM6/27/11
to Google Web Toolkit
Maybe you should check out the channel API from AppEngine. It works
with web sockets and it´s very easy to use. You should make use of
sockets because the server can notify the client if something new
happened. The client doesn´t have to poll all the time.

mram

Jun 27, 2011, 5:43:55 AM6/27/11
to Google Web Toolkit
Is there any channel API without AppEngine?

Uemit

Jun 28, 2011, 5:28:49 AM6/28/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Check out ijab. It is based on GWT and look really like the Facebook Chat

http://opensource.ijab.im/

KevMo

Jun 28, 2011, 8:12:11 PM6/28/11
to Google Web Toolkit
I'm currently looking at iJab myself. It doesn't look like there is
any active development. Also, the latest beta has connection issues
on Safari. Check http://code.google.com/p/ijab/issues/detail?id=16

Stefan Ollinger

Jun 29, 2011, 4:06:28 AM6/29/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
You can use long polling. There is a gwt project:
http://code.google.com/p/gwt-comet/

Regards,
Stefan