GWT super Dev Mode help

Yibin Li

Aug 9, 2021, 12:39:47 PM8/9/21
to GWT Users
1. We do not use Maven
2. We use GWT 2.5.1 + Firefox  Version 42 (old version)

Currently, we just use right click the project

Debug As -> Web Application The link http://127.0.0.1:8888/My_Project.html?gwt.codesvr=127.0.0.1:9997 is generated. I just need to click the link to debug the My_Project

Now, I upgrated the GWT to 2.9.2 and JDK 11. When I right click the project

The Debug As gives me multiple options
1. GWT Compiler
2. GWT Development Mode with Jetty
3. GWT Legacy Development Mode with Jetty
4. GWT Development Mode

I setup Dev Mode on on Chrome

when I click GWT Development Mode with Jetty , Eclipse generates http://127.0.0.1:8888/My_Project.html

When I click GWT Legacy Development Mode with Jetty, eclipse generates

But when I put the link in Chrome browser

I got

HTTP ERROR: 503

Problem accessing /ARIES.html. Reason:

Service Unavailable

Powered by Jetty://

When I put http://127.0.0.1:9876/ (Jetty server)

I got popup window  Can't find any GWT Modules on this page. http://127.0.0.1:9876

How can I make super dev mode work in GWT 2.9

Any help is appreciated

Yibin LI

Yibin Li

Aug 13, 2021, 12:41:06 PM8/13/21
to GWT Users
I created a new GWT project by V3 and it can run DevMode to debug.  I will compare old project setup with new one's to see the differences