GWT behaves differently in Chrom vs Firefox

Velusamy Velu

Jul 23, 2018, 9:43:50 PM7/23/18
to GWT Users
Friends:

I have an application written using GWT 2.8.2 framework and it behaves differently. The snippet of the GWT code in question is here -
(ReferenceError) : L_g_g$ is not defined

for (int j = 1; j < nodes.size(); j++) {

Node previousNode = nodes.get(j - 1);

Node currentNode = nodes.get(j);

int indexFrom = previousNode.getIndex();

int indexTo = currentNode.getIndex();

if (!connectionMatrix[indexFrom][indexTo]) {
          connectionMatrix
[indexFrom][indexTo] = true;
          connectionMatrix
[indexTo][indexFrom] = true;
          contributed
= true;

BondTriple bondTriple = new BondTriple(indexFrom, indexTo);

The last line of the above code snippet is the Culprit. It works as expected in FireFox, in Chrome however, it throws "L_g_g$ is not defined" error. In debugger mode I found that L_g_g$ refers to the BondTriple as highlighted here > BondTriple bondTriple = new BondTriple(indexFrom, indexTo);

This code has been thoroughly unit tested and every functionality was verified. The fact that it works in Firefox but fails in Chrome baffles me even more. BondTriple defined as below. I'm using non-primitive attributes to check for null. Have anyone ran into a situation like this? I'm having hard time figuring out what could be wrong. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

public class BondTriple implements Jsonable {

private Integer start;

private Integer finish;

private Integer bondType;

private Shape connector;

public BondTriple(Integer start, Integer finish) {

this.start = start;

this.finish = finish;

}

Michael Joyner

Jul 24, 2018, 11:08:00 AM7/24/18
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Is this in SDM mode? If yes, try turning off incremental compilations.

Velusamy Velu

Jul 24, 2018, 12:54:07 PM7/24/18
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael

I appreciate your recommendation. Yes it's in SDM mode. I don't have the luxury to try your suggestion right away due to my travel. Will try it on my return.

I did suspect something to the effect of a cache behind this. Hence I tried clearing and rebuilding, it failed yet. Nothing helped so far.

David Nouls

Jul 24, 2018, 1:47:48 PM7/24/18
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
clear your temp folder, sdm puts lots of stuff there and sometimes it gets corrupted and you get these kind of errrors.

Velusamy Velu

Jul 30, 2018, 2:58:01 PM7/30/18
to GWT Users
Hi Michael: I tried this by Windows > Preferences > General > Workspace > Build and unchecked the "Build automatically" option. It didn't help. Am I doing the right thing? Is there any other option?

Thanks
Velu

Jens

Jul 30, 2018, 3:18:12 PM7/30/18
to GWT Users

Hi Michael: I tried this by Windows > Preferences > General > Workspace > Build and unchecked the "Build automatically" option. It didn't help. Am I doing the right thing? Is there any other option?

GWT SuperDevMode has its own cache that you can clear by visiting the SuperDevMode page (localhost:9876) and hit the small clean button at the bottom. Once you have done that SDM starts from scratch and compiles everything again.

-- J.

Michael Joyner

Jul 30, 2018, 3:41:35 PM7/30/18
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
We use Gradle here and we turn off SDM incremental when needed from there.

Velusamy Velu

Jul 30, 2018, 3:45:16 PM7/30/18
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Michael & David

After clearing the TEMP folder and clearing the compiler caches at  localhost:9876 that error message disappeared.

Thanks a lot

Velusamy K. Velu

Michael Joyner

Jul 30, 2018, 3:47:30 PM7/30/18
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
tasks.withType(org.wisepersist.gradle.plugins.gwt.AbstractGwtActionTask) {
args "-noincremental"
}
gwt {
logLevel = 'INFO'
maxHeapSize = "2048M";
gwtVersion='2.8.2'
modules 'xxx
//src += files("build/generated/source/apt/main");
compiler {
//ea = false //enable assert statements for testing result conditions
strict = true;
style = "OBF";
//style = "PRETTY";
//style = "DETAILED";
localWorkers = 4;
}
superDev {
noPrecompile = true;
failOnError = false;
bindAddress = "0.0.0.0";
}
eclipse {
addGwtContainer = true;
}
}

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 3:18 PM Jens <jens.ne...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Michael: I tried this by Windows > Preferences > General > Workspace > Build and unchecked the "Build automatically" option. It didn't help. Am I doing the right thing? Is there any other option?

GWT SuperDevMode has its own cache that you can clear by visiting the SuperDevMode page (localhost:9876) and hit the small clean button at the bottom. Once you have done that SDM starts from scratch and compiles everything again.

-- J.

Velusamy Velu

Jul 31, 2018, 9:14:49 AM7/31/18
to GWT Users
Jens:

Thank you, it helped.
--Velu

Velusamy Velu

Jul 31, 2018, 9:16:32 AM7/31/18
to GWT Users
Michael:

I appreciate you sharing the information. I never considered Gradle to build, may be it's time.

Thank You
--Velu