What will happen to GWT development in the future?

hprc

May 26, 2022, 7:58:34 PM5/26/22
to GWT Users
What will happen to GWT development in the future?

I have been using GWT since around 2007.
What I'm worried about is is GWT available in the future?

GWT moves away from Google and focuses on J2CL etc.
Development of GWT eclipse plug in is finished,
There are multiple ways to develop with maven, and developers are confused.

Obviously, beginners are confused about which one to choose, research, and exhaustion, and as a result, they think GWT will be removed from the selection.

What do you think are the best practices for development such as GWT?
Or should I move away from GWT and find another solution?

Frank Hossfeld

May 28, 2022, 4:22:51 AM5/28/22
to GWT Users
I think, you should ask this questions inside the GWT Gitter room

> GWT moves away from Google and focuses on J2CL etc.
Yes and gave the responsibility to the community. This is not unusual. See Angular, JSF, etc.
First, don't worry about the future of GWT. There will be releases and future development for GWT 2. And the community is working hard to make the transition from GWT to J2CL as easy as possible. New frameworks and the GWT modules will work with J2CL and GWT.

hprc

May 28, 2022, 11:48:08 PM5/28/22
to GWT Users
to: frank.h