Localization problems with Messages interface

Zé Vicente

Sep 5, 2009, 9:08:34 AM9/5/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Hello all,

I have a gwt application. All my labels and messages are localized. I
use Constants, ConstantsWithLookup and Messages interface.

The only problem is that the localization for Messages interface is
not working at all. I get my strings all the time for the default
language "en".

Ex:

I run my app using ?locale=pt

Everything is in PT. So far so good!!

But when it comes to display messages like: "Nome: é obrigatório", it
does no work and I see "Nome: is mandatory".

Any idea?

Regards,
José Vicente

vasem want

Sep 7, 2009, 12:32:57 AM9/7/09
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
are you storing labels in DB , if yes then you have to
check the DB D types as UTF 8 (this is for oracle)
localization is ln10 or internationalization in18

also check the data types in your calling methods
if you are using hibernate layer then you need
to configure the config file else if it is a direct
DB tunnelling then just check the calling
mechanism has libraries included