How to change "gwt.imageResource.maxBundleSize" ?

darkflame

Oct 30, 2013, 7:57:08 PM10/30/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

I need to change the system property

gwt.imageResource.maxBundleSize

to 1000. How would I do this?

The property exists as I see it here; https://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/source/browse/releases/2.5/user/src/com/google/gwt/resources/rg/ImageBundleBuilder.java#471

Yet I cant figure out how to set this in the GWT.XML:

<set-property name="gwt.imageResource.maxBundleSize" value="1000" />

results in;

[ERROR] Property 'gwt.imageResource.maxBundleSize' not found

so I tried creating the property;

<define-property name="gwt.imageResource.maxBundleSize" values="1000" />

but that gets me;

[ERROR] Invalid property value '1000'

In fact, any numerical values results in this error. The only things it accepts are strings starting with letters.....but thats obviously useless as Googles code is;

private static final int IMAGE_MAX_SIZE = Integer.getInteger(
  "gwt.imageResource.maxBundleSize", 256);

So I am stumped how I am supposed to set this property.

Jens

Oct 31, 2013, 3:58:34 AM10/31/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Its a system property. You have to use java -D<property>

-- J.

Thomas Wrobel

Oct 31, 2013, 7:38:22 AM10/31/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, can you spell it out for me? I assumed it was set the same way "enable Inlining" was.
I have
<set-property name="ClientBundle.enableInlining" value="false" />
and that works just fine.

So where/how do I set this "<property>" property?

~~~
Thomas & Bertines online review show:
http://randomreviewshow.com/index.html
Try it! You might even feel ambivalent about it :)

On 31 October 2013 08:58, Jens <jens.ne...@gmail.com> wrote:
Its a system property. You have to use java -D<property>

-- J.

Thomas Wrobel

Oct 31, 2013, 7:54:58 AM10/31/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Someone else suggested to me its probably used as a flag somewhere
I tried "gwt.imageResource.maxBundleSize=1000" in the GWT Additional Compile Arguments. (using eclipse>>gwt compile)
But I am clearly formatting it wrongly.
(or its still the wrong place)

Is there an example of this anywhere? Or a similar setting?
I have only ever set options using gwt.xml before.

~~~
Thomas & Bertines online review show:
http://randomreviewshow.com/index.html
Try it! You might even feel ambivalent about it :)

Jens

Oct 31, 2013, 8:24:46 AM10/31/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
You have to configure a system property using a JVM parameter not a GWT compiler parameter. The JVM parameter should be "-Dgwt.imageResource.maxBundleSize=1000".

-- J.

Thomas Wrobel

Oct 31, 2013, 9:02:23 AM10/31/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, that seems to have done the trick.
It took me awhile to spot it had to go in "VM Arguments" dialogue box, rather then "Compiler Arguments" dialogue box.

May I ask why this compile option goes here, rather then in the xml where the rest of the options seem to go?

~~~

Jens

Oct 31, 2013, 9:22:50 AM10/31/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

May I ask why this compile option goes here, rather then in the xml where the rest of the options seem to go?

Probably because this class also has a main() method and thus can be executed directly without any GWT context.

-- J.