Disabling class name obfuscation?

Slava Imeshev

May 20, 2021, 10:17:33 PM5/20/21
to GWT Users
So, I'm working on styling the CellTable, and the CSS classes are coming in the inlined form with names such as "GBG2FFLDFD". So I end up correlating the content of the unbofuscated CellTable.css while building a custom CssResource. That works but it's a fairly slow process. Is there a way to disable obfuscation, at least for the dev time?

Vassilis Virvilis

May 21, 2021, 2:26:32 AM5/21/21
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I am using -style DETAILED in gwtc arguments during developments. I believe this turns off the obfuscation.

I also use -strict -logLevel TRACE but I believe this has to do with the compiler log output.

Hope this helps.

On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 5:17 AM Slava Imeshev <ime...@gmail.com> wrote:
So, I'm working on styling the CellTable, and the CSS classes are coming in the inlined form with names such as "GBG2FFLDFD". So I end up correlating the content of the unbofuscated CellTable.css while building a custom CssResource. That works but it's a fairly slow process. Is there a way to disable obfuscation, at least for the dev time?

Vassilis Virvilis

Gordan Krešić

May 21, 2021, 2:46:48 AM5/21/21
On 21. 05. 2021. 08:25, Vassilis Virvilis wrote:
> I am using -style DETAILED in gwtc arguments during developments. I believe
> this turns off the obfuscation.

Another possibility is to set configuration property "CssResource.style" to
"pretty" in .gwt.xml:

<set-configuration-property name="CssResource.style" value="pretty"/>

Docs: http://www.gwtproject.org/doc/latest/DevGuideClientBundle.html#CssResource

-gkresic.
Message has been deleted

Slava Imeshev

May 21, 2021, 11:53:23 AM5/21/21
to GWT Users
Folks, let me try your suggestions. Thanks a lot for your help!

Slava Imeshev

May 25, 2021, 12:25:49 AM5/25/21
to GWT Users
Well, it didn't turn out as I expected. Now I have

GBG2FFLDFD-com-google-gwt-user-cellview-client-CellTable-Style-cellTableHeader GBG2FFLDDD-com-google-gwt-user-cellview-client-CellTable-Style-cellTableFirstColumnHeader

Gordan Krešić

May 25, 2021, 2:43:49 AM5/25/21
On 25. 05. 2021. 06:25, Slava Imeshev wrote:
> Well, it didn't turn out as I expected. Now I have
>
> GBG2FFLDFD-com-google-gwt-user-cellview-client-CellTable-Style-cellTableHeader
> GBG2FFLDDD-com-google-gwt-user-cellview-client-CellTable-Style-cellTableFirstColumnHeader

You didn't specified are use using -style DETAILED compiler option or
CssResource.style configuration property in gwt.xml.

I'm using CssResource.style configuration property and annotating my
CssResource(s) with:

@CssResource.ImportedWithPrefix("my-prefix")

and I don't have any obfuscated css styles in generated code.

-gkresic.