com.google.gwt.junit.client.TimeoutException: The browser did not contact the server within 60000ms

468 views
Skip to first unread message

niamande

unread,
Apr 28, 2009, 9:16:21 AM4/28/09
to Google Web Toolkit
I have several gwt unit tests that extends GWTTestCase (1.5.4), and
without make any chanhe, when i execute these tests i've got (with
eclipse and maven) :
com.google.gwt.junit.client.TimeoutException: The browser did not
contact the server within 60000ms.
- 1 client(s) haven't responded back to JUnitShell since the start of
the test.
Actual time elapsed: 60.022 seconds.

at com.google.gwt.junit.JUnitShell.notDone(JUnitShell.java:550)
at com.google.gwt.dev.GWTShell.pumpEventLoop(GWTShell.java:718)
at com.google.gwt.junit.JUnitShell.runTestImpl(JUnitShell.java:654)
at com.google.gwt.junit.JUnitShell.runTest(JUnitShell.java:150)
at com.google.gwt.junit.client.GWTTestCase.runTest(GWTTestCase.java:
219)
at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:134)
at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:110)
at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:128)
at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:113)
at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:124)
at com.google.gwt.junit.client.GWTTestCase.run(GWTTestCase.java:132)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:232)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:227)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:232)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:227)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:232)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:227)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestReference.run
(JUnit3TestReference.java:130)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run
(TestExecution.java:38)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests
(RemoteTestRunner.java:460)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests
(RemoteTestRunner.java:673)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run
(RemoteTestRunner.java:386)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main
(RemoteTestRunner.java:196)


It's very strange... And these same tests could be executable in
another PC, and in other one not !

Thanks a lot for your response.

niamande

unread,
Apr 30, 2009, 9:54:13 AM4/30/09
to Google Web Toolkit
I've tried to clean my maven local repository, but i've got the same
error. I 've tried with gwt 1.6.4 : same exception. I've tried with a
little GWTTestCase created with JUnitCreator : same exception...
I've got any idea !

niamande

unread,
May 7, 2009, 9:23:57 AM5/7/09
to Google Web Toolkit

I tried with a simple example GWT (with a simple GWTTestCase) and I
have always TimeOutException.
I don't want to reinstall all, have you some idea ?

Tiago Fernandez

unread,
Oct 31, 2009, 11:49:22 AM10/31/09
to Google Web Toolkit
Hello,

I have a fully working webapp built with GWT-2.0.0-ms2's UiBinder.
Recently I decided to get it covered by unit tests using GWTTestCase,
but after coding a simple test case:

public class MyTest extends GWTTestCase {

@Override public String getModuleName() {
return "foo.bar.MyApp";
}

public void testAnythingYouWant() {
assertTrue(true);
}

I stumbled on this:

com.google.gwt.junit.client.TimeoutException: The browser did not
contact the server within 60000ms.
- 1 client(s) haven't responded back to JUnitShell since the start of
the test.
Actual time elapsed: 60.009 seconds.

at com.google.gwt.junit.JUnitShell.notDone(JUnitShell.java:800)
at com.google.gwt.junit.JUnitShell.runTestImpl(JUnitShell.java:989)
at com.google.gwt.junit.JUnitShell.runTest(JUnitShell.java:436)
at com.google.gwt.junit.client.GWTTestCase.runTest(GWTTestCase.java:
386)
at com.google.gwt.junit.client.GWTTestCase.run(GWTTestCase.java:269)
at com.intellij.junit3.JUnit3IdeaTestRunner.doRun
(JUnit3IdeaTestRunner.java:108)
at com.intellij.rt.execution.junit.JUnitStarter.main
(JUnitStarter.java:60)

Process finished with exit code 255

The same test works fine when targeting a module NOT UiBinder-based.

Any hint? I am using IDEA on a Mac, with the following VM arguments:
-XstartOnFirstThread -Xmx512M

Thanks in advance,
Tiago Fernandez

Dominik Steiner

unread,
Nov 2, 2009, 8:20:03 AM11/2/09
to Google Web Toolkit
I haven't tried the UiBinder yet, but if i remember right I read
somewhere that it is now prefered to use HtmlUnit tests instead of
using the GWTTestCase.

HTH

Dominik

Ryan Shillington

unread,
Aug 31, 2012, 10:04:18 AM8/31/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
For the next poor soul - this started happening to me as soon as I moved from Java 6 (where my GWTTestCases worked fine) to Java 7. 

I know, I know, don't use GWTTestCases.  We learned that the hard way.  We have a couple of legacy ones that we never converted into Selenium tests.  Well, I guess this will force us to convert them now.

Ryan
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages