Request implementation couldn't be found.

Nik

Aug 29, 2011, 1:42:08 PM8/29/11
to Google Web Toolkit
When starting my application it fails on firing the request. Debug
mode says RatesRequestImpl.findrates(int a, int b) source couldn't be
found. Where findrates is one of my methods. Struggling with this
problem really long, checked all possible places of the app and no
solution found. I will appreciate any help, because it is already
driving me crazy.

Development mode stack is (after the Stack i will also post the
console) :

19:29:52.641 [ERROR] [ratesexchange] Uncaught exception escaped

com.google.gwt.event.shared.UmbrellaException: One or more exceptions
caught, see full set in UmbrellaException#getCauses
at
com.google.gwt.requestfactory.shared.impl.AbstractRequestContext.fail(AbstractRequestContext.java:
608)
at com.google.gwt.requestfactory.shared.impl.AbstractRequestContext
$4.onTransportFailure(AbstractRequestContext.java:955)
at com.google.gwt.requestfactory.client.DefaultRequestTransport
$1.onResponseReceived(DefaultRequestTransport.java:146)
at
com.google.gwt.http.client.Request.fireOnResponseReceived(Request.java:
287)
at com.google.gwt.http.client.RequestBuilder
$1.onReadyStateChange(RequestBuilder.java:395)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:
167)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessagesWhileWaitingForReturn(BrowserChannelServer.java:
326)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:
207)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:
132)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:
561)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:
269)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:
91)
at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.apply(Impl.java)
at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.entry0(Impl.java:214)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:
167)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannelServer.java:
281)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:
531)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:
352)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Server Error 500 <html>
<head>
charset=ISO-8859-1"/>
<title>Error 500 INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR</title>
</head>

at
com.google.gwt.requestfactory.shared.Receiver.onFailure(Receiver.java:
41)
at
com.google.gwt.requestfactory.shared.impl.AbstractRequest.onFail(AbstractRequest.java:
118)
at
com.google.gwt.requestfactory.shared.impl.AbstractRequestContext.fail(AbstractRequestContext.java:
588)
[...]

Console says :

[ERROR] Could not find matching method in
synlogistics.ratesexchange.server.domain.Rate.
Possible matches:
synlogistics.ratesexchange.server.domain.Rate
findRate(java.lang.Long )

[ERROR] The RequestContext type
synlogistics.ratesexchange.shared.RatesRequest did not pass validation
[ERROR] Type type synlogistics.ratesexchange.shared.RatesRequest was
previously marked as bad
[ERROR] The RequestContext type
synlogistics.ratesexchange.shared.RatesRequest did not pass validation
[ERROR] Unexpected error
com.google.gwt.requestfactory.server.UnexpectedException: The
RequestContext type synlogistics.ratesexchange.shared.RatesRequest did
not pass validation
at
com.google.gwt.requestfactory.server.ServiceLayerDecorator.die(ServiceLayerDecorator.java:
205)
at
com.google.gwt.requestfactory.server.ResolverServiceLayer.resolveRequestContextMethod(ResolverServiceLayer.java:
160)
at
com.google.gwt.requestfactory.server.ServiceLayerDecorator.resolveRequestContextMethod(ServiceLayerDecorator.java:
161)
at
com.google.gwt.requestfactory.server.ServiceLayerDecorator.resolveRequestContextMethod(ServiceLayerDecorator.java:
161)
at
com.google.appengine.tools.development.agent.runtime.Runtime.invoke(Runtime.java:
100)
at
com.google.gwt.requestfactory.server.ServiceLayerCache.getOrCache(ServiceLayerCache.java:
218)
at
com.google.gwt.requestfactory.server.ServiceLayerCache.resolveRequestContextMethod(ServiceLayerCache.java:
186)
at
com.google.gwt.requestfactory.server.SimpleRequestProcessor.processInvocationMessages(SimpleRequestProcessor.java:
435)
at
com.google.gwt.requestfactory.server.SimpleRequestProcessor.process(SimpleRequestProcessor.java:
227)
at
com.google.gwt.requestfactory.server.SimpleRequestProcessor.process(SimpleRequestProcessor.java:
135)
at
com.google.gwt.requestfactory.server.RequestFactoryServlet.doPost(RequestFactoryServlet.java:
123)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:
511)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler
$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166)
at
com.google.appengine.tools.development.HeaderVerificationFilter.doFilter(HeaderVerificationFilter.java:
35)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler
$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
at
com.google.appengine.api.blobstore.dev.ServeBlobFilter.doFilter(ServeBlobFilter.java:
58)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler
$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
at
com.google.apphosting.utils.servlet.TransactionCleanupFilter.doFilter(TransactionCleanupFilter.java:
43)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler
$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
at
com.google.appengine.tools.development.StaticFileFilter.doFilter(StaticFileFilter.java:
122)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler
$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
at
com.google.appengine.tools.development.BackendServersFilter.doFilter(BackendServersFilter.java:
97)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler
$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:
388)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:
216)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:
182)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:
765)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:
418)
at
com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.DevAppEngineWebAppContext.handle(DevAppEngineWebAppContext.java:
70)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:
152)
at com.google.appengine.tools.development.JettyContainerService
$ApiProxyHandler.handle(JettyContainerService.java:351)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:
152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:
542)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection
$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:938)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:755)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
at
org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:
409)
at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool
$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:582)
[...]

Thomas Broyer

Aug 29, 2011, 2:53:03 PM8/29/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

On Monday, August 29, 2011 7:42:08 PM UTC+2, Nik wrote:
Console says :

[ERROR] Could not find matching method in
synlogistics.ratesexchange.server.domain.Rate.
Possible matches:
  synlogistics.ratesexchange.server.domain.Rate
findRate(java.lang.Long )

Your method findRates in your RatesRequest request context has no corresponding findRates method in the Rate service class on the server.

Nik

Aug 29, 2011, 3:16:18 PM8/29/11
to Google Web Toolkit
The problem is it definitely has one in the Rate class (my Entity
class, all annotations set and checked everywhere)
Defined as :

@SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
public static List<Rate> findRates(int first, int max){
EntityManager em = EMF.get().createEntityManager();
try{
Query query = em.createQuery("select o from Rate o");
query.setFirstResult(first);
query.setMaxResults(max);
List<Rate> list = query.getResultList();
list.size();
return list;
}

finally {
em.close();

Thomas Broyer

Aug 29, 2011, 5:49:19 PM8/29/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, as the error says, this is not about findRates (plural), but findRate (singular).

You can try downloading requestfactory-apt-2011-08-18.jar and configuring it in Eclipse; it's more accurate, and points the exact method directly in the code: see http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/wiki/RequestFactoryInterfaceValidation

Nik

Aug 31, 2011, 11:36:31 AM8/31/11
to Google Web Toolkit
The thing is that it happens when i try to fire a request with any of
the methodes implemented on the entity side. Console is always saying

[ERROR] Could not find matching method in
synlogistics.ratesexchange.server.domain.Rate.
Possible matches:
synlogistics.ratesexchange.server.domain.Rate
findRate(java.lang.Long )

I will definitely try to configure it manually, but I will be happy to
get it working also on the "normal" way. Could there be any other
reasons why it is not working?

Thank you for your help and for your blog also!

On 29 Aug., 23:49, Thomas Broyer <t.bro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, as the error says, this is not about findRates (plural), but findRate
> (singular).
>
> You can try downloading requestfactory-apt-2011-08-18.jar<http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/tools/lib/requestfactory...>and configuring it in Eclipse; it's more accurate, and points the exact
> method directly in the code: seehttp://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/wiki/RequestFactoryInterf...

Thomas Broyer

Aug 31, 2011, 11:44:04 AM8/31/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Can you show you code ? (RatesRequest, RateProxy, and associated server-side classes –method declarations only–)

It can be as simple as a method not being public, or a missing Locator/ServiceLocator on your @ProxyFor/@Service, or  @ProxyFor/@Service not point at the right class; or possibly a mistake in declaring the method on the RatesRequest (e.g. using an InstanceRequest Instead of a Request)

Nik

Sep 2, 2011, 10:38:12 AM9/2/11
to Google Web Toolkit
Downloaded the project to google code.

https://code.google.com/p/ratesexchange/source/checkout

Thomas Broyer

Sep 2, 2011, 11:47:23 AM9/2/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
As RF complains: you declare a findRate() InstanceRequest<RateProxy,Void> on the RateRequest with no corresponding findRate() method on Rate. RF find the static findRate(Long) method (same name) which is required in the absence of a Locator, which it lists as "possible match" (same name) in the error message.
In other words, it's exactly what I told you earlier: your method findRate in the RateRequest has no corresponding method findRate in the server-side rate class (which by the way, is exactly what the error message says too)

Nik

Sep 2, 2011, 1:59:31 PM9/2/11
to Google Web Toolkit
Thank you! I was really blind. I have removed the declaration from
the request. But still getting exceptions on firing requests and not
able to find the source of my problem.

Stack is:
19:51:52.743 [ERROR] [ratesexchange] Uncaught exception escaped

com.google.gwt.event.shared.UmbrellaException: One or more exceptions
caught, see full set in UmbrellaException#getCauses
at com.google.gwt.requestfactory.shared.impl.AbstractRequestContext
$StandardPayloadDialect.processPayload(AbstractRequestContext.java:
317)
at com.google.gwt.requestfactory.shared.impl.AbstractRequestContext
$4.onTransportSuccess(AbstractRequestContext.java:959)
at com.google.gwt.requestfactory.client.DefaultRequestTransport
$1.onResponseReceived(DefaultRequestTransport.java:141)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Server Error: null
at
com.google.gwt.requestfactory.shared.Receiver.onFailure(Receiver.java:
41)
at
com.google.gwt.requestfactory.shared.impl.AbstractRequest.onFail(AbstractRequest.java:
118)
at com.google.gwt.requestfactory.shared.impl.AbstractRequestContext
$StandardPayloadDialect.processPayload(AbstractRequestContext.java:
288)
at com.google.gwt.requestfactory.shared.impl.AbstractRequestContext
$4.onTransportSuccess(AbstractRequestContext.java:959)
at com.google.gwt.requestfactory.client.DefaultRequestTransport
$1.onResponseReceived(DefaultRequestTransport.java:141)

Thomas Broyer

Sep 2, 2011, 3:07:51 PM9/2/11

On Friday, September 2, 2011 7:59:31 PM UTC+2, Nik wrote:
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Server Error: null

Your server-side code is causing a NullPointerException. Set a breakpoint into DefaultExceptionHandler to get the whole stack-trace.

Nik

Sep 3, 2011, 6:18:30 AM9/3/11
to Google Web Toolkit
Thank you for your help!! I have found what causes the problem.

Nik

Sep 7, 2011, 12:27:19 PM9/7/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
To handle server-side errors I have defined an custom servlet extending the default RequestFactoryServlet and passed a custom exception handler in the constructor.. That has shown me a real causes of my problem located on the server side.
Good tutorial to define a custom servlet can be found here I hope it will also help others. My problem  was JPA and particularly @GeneratedValue annotation for Id because that uses a native generating policy and datanucleus is not supporting it. So i had to define another one .