gwt-maven-plugin / "google plugin for eclipse" / working for anyone?!?!

cri

Dec 2, 2010, 3:28:14 PM12/2/10
to Google Web Toolkit
We are trying to use gwt-maven-plugin to generate our mavenized gwt
project. Our versions are:

eclipse helios
gwt 2.1
gwt-maven-plugin 2.1.1-SNAPSHOT

We generate our initial project with the command line:

mvn archetype:generate \
-DarchetypeRepository=https://nexus.codehaus.org/content/groups/
snapshots-group/ \
-DarchetypeGroupId=org.codehaus.mojo \
-DarchetypeArtifactId=gwt-maven-plugin \
-DarchetypeVersion=2.1.1-SNAPSHOT

We then import the project into eclipse using "import / as existing
project".

Here are the problems we then encountered:

(1) Eclipse compile errors complaining of unknown classes. These are
classes the plugin generates and places in target/generated-sources/
gwt. The classes are Messages.java and GreetingServiceAsync.java. We
work around this problem by adding target/generated-sources/gwt to
our eclipse project classpath.

(2) The class GwtTesttest.java has eclipse compile errors. We don't
care much about this so for the moment we are just deleting that
class.

(3) This is the problem we can't find a workaround for. If we add
dependencies to our pom, say spring framework, they then get added
automatically to the "Libraries/Maven Dependencies". The problem comes
when we invoke "Run As... / Web Application". Jetty fails to find
classes in our newly added maven dependency, e.g Spring.

Is there anyone out there that can shed some light on this? Thanks

David Chandler

Dec 2, 2010, 3:43:37 PM12/2/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Do you see errors in any of the Eclipse consoles (including Maven console) while doing the import?

David Chandler
Developer Programs Engineer, Google Web Toolkit
http://googlewebtoolkit.blogspot.com/

cri

Dec 2, 2010, 7:25:02 PM12/2/10
to Google Web Toolkit
No. No errors other than the ones mentioned in the original post.
After resolving those errors, we could run the default project using
"run as / web application". The problem only comes after we add
dependencies to our pom file.
> > google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com<google-web-toolkit%2Bunsubs cr...@googlegroups.com>
> > .

PhilBeaudoin

Dec 3, 2010, 11:27:22 AM12/3/10
to Google Web Toolkit
A valuable resource that has helped me quite a bit are the POMs from
Harald Pehl in his various open source projects. Check out:

Super POM with global settings:
http://code.google.com/p/pehl-parent/source/browse/trunk/pom.xml

Super POM for Piriti:
http://code.google.com/p/piriti/source/browse/trunk/pom.xml

Piriti Core module (framework character):
http://code.google.com/p/piriti/source/browse/trunk/core/pom.xml

Piriti Sample module (GWT App deployed on AppEngine):
http://code.google.com/p/piriti/source/browse/trunk/sample/pom.xml

We are in the process of migrating gwt-platform to Maven, so you might
find some information in there too:
http://code.google.com/p/gwt-platform/issues/detail?id=211

Cheers,

Philippe

Thomas Broyer

Dec 4, 2010, 7:13:28 AM12/4/10
to Google Web Toolkit

cri

Dec 4, 2010, 1:47:07 PM12/4/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Thanks for the link I just looked at the FAQ. As far as I can see, its
only marginally relevant. The latest version of the gwt-maven-plugin
(2.1.0) is designed to generate a fully functional dynamic web app
that is completely mavenized, so the procedure described in the FAQ is
out of date.

Thomas Broyer

Dec 5, 2010, 4:53:30 PM12/5/10
to Google Web Toolkit

On 4 déc, 19:47, cri <chuck.irvine...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the link I just looked at the FAQ. As far as I can see, its
> only marginally relevant. The latest version of the gwt-maven-plugin
> (2.1.0) is designed to generate a fully functional dynamic web app
> that is completely mavenized, so the procedure described in the FAQ is
> out of date.

It depends if you use WTP to run/test/debug your server-side app or
want to rely on GWT DevMode's embedded server. If the latter, then
you're not actually "using WTP" and the second part of the FAQ is
totally relevant.

PeteUK

Dec 12, 2010, 9:39:32 AM12/12/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

Chuck,

Would you mind revealing what you ended up doing? I've been having problems in the same area and am trying to figure them out.

Thanks,

Pete

PeteUK

Dec 12, 2010, 6:06:07 PM12/12/10
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

Chuck,

Would you mind revealing what you ended up doing? I've been having problems in the same area and am trying to figure them out.

Thanks,

Pete

It's ok - I've sorted my problems now.

Thanks,

Pete

Mars Hsu

Dec 26, 2010, 10:02:25 AM12/26/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Hi Pete,
how do you use gwt-maven-plugin2.2.1 to integrate with spring
project?
I met same problem with you.
Would you like to give me a easy example?