Testing for GWT 2.10.0 release

Colin Alworth

May 19, 2022, 11:34:31 PM5/19/22
to GWT Contributors
Hello all,

All of the preliminary testing that I'm aware of for the upcoming release is complete, leaving us with a decent level of confidence in the changes. We have a document that outlines the release plan (with a link to the standard release steps and the testing process) that has undergone a few small tweaks, and I think is ready to go:

I'm now asking for volunteers who are able to test the final release once it is ready to go. We're hoping for a cross section of testing that verifies
  • JVM Version: 8, 11, 17/18
  • OS: Linux, OS X, Windows 8.1, 10, 11
  • Browser: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE11, Edge (blink)
Windows 8.1 and 10 VMs are available at https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/, I'm not presently aware of a source for Windows 11 VMs, so ideally we have a few people running that natively.

Please reply to this or contact me off-list (co...@colinalworth.com) with the combinations you have access to and are able to test, and we'll organize in the next few days, and start the next steps.

Thanks!

Boris Brudnoy

May 20, 2022, 8:33:02 AM5/20/22
to GWT Contributors
I'll test. I'm on macOS Monterey 12.3.1. Can do whichever JVMs / browsers run on macOS, which AFAICT is everything but IE11.

mcmi...@gmail.com

May 22, 2022, 12:00:14 PM5/22/22
to GWT Contributors
Hi,
I could test on Windows 10 (and maybe Windows 11)
Browser :
- Firefox
- Edge (but Chromium only)
- IE 11 (End of Support on June 15th)
- Chrome

JVM:
- 11
- 17
- 18
- 19 eap

Colin Alworth

Jun 22, 2022, 4:11:01 PM6/22/22
to GWT Contributors
The last step of the release process is under way, Google's 2.10.0 release is underway, we're just waiting for the release to be performed and synchronized to Maven Central. When that has finished we can formally announce the release.

I've created an issue for next steps to finish our transition to GitHub at https://github.com/gwtproject/gwt/issues/9756 and will follow up with a few proposed pull requests to make these changes.

Thanks for everyone's support and patience with this process!

Juan Pablo Gardella

Jun 22, 2022, 4:18:27 PM6/22/22
to GWT Contributors
Thanks Colin!