I will cut the release candidate on Friday morning (MTV time). This means that we need one clean build before hand in Jenkins. So we will be blocking master from any more patches starting tomorrow morning MTV time.
Anything that is not relevant to the GWT 2.8 release will have to wait until 2.8.0 final (or even slightly longer if we anticipate a 2.8.1).
We also need someone to coordinate testing on the open source side as well as tester to do the actual testing.
Let me know if you want to take over coordination or testing and I will help you get started.