I want Google Wave too

1 view

femke b

Nov 7, 2009, 2:53:44 PM11/7/09
to Google Waves - your wave
As a teacher trainer I want to stay up to date, especially with
developments concerning the internet. Now some people already have
Googel Wave, but I cannot find a way to get introduced to this
application. I do want to get Google Wave, use it and help my students
to start using more different and multimedia in their work as teachers
in our schools!!

How do I get Googel Wave?
yours,
Femke

devnullius @ googlewave.com

Nov 8, 2009, 6:21:51 AM11/8/09
to Google Waves - your wave
You are so right to try keeping informed on Google and ESPECIALLY
Google Wave.

I haven't been turn on by Google like this since I first found Google
(back in 2000 - still hotbot'ting in those days), followed by the
introduction of Gmail (joined in 2004). Also I loved the fact that
Google indexed the Newsgroups - and archived it for prosperity.

Now for Google Wave and the educational world. Is it just for
businesses? And fun stuff?

NO!

Google Wave will be IDEAL for educational purposes too!

What you will get is a private intranet, with the speed of real real-
time chat (you see what they are tying) and wave replay. But it does
not end there. Robots are being developed to nearly integrate
everything - from social sites to RSS feeds (I imagine), which will
enable you to track a webpage (via page2rss) - to live messenger and
yahoo chat.

You can add multimedia.

SAP already wrote a brilliant example of the power AND flexibility of
Google Wave with the Google Wave Gadget 'Gravity'. And SAP goes way
further! See reference links below. As a former consultant in Planning
and Scheduling software, I know the power of SAP in the market. I do
not agree with their planning-products, but that's something else ; -)

All information can either be run publicly through the Google Wave
internet system, or, as a school (and Google loves schools, price wise
too!) or company you can choose to run your own, personal Google Wave
servers. I guess just like you would run an email server.

The collaboration possibilities will be, in time, endless. This WILL
BE the next industry internet standard. We will not know how we ever
did without. Just like when WWW was introduced (91? 92?).

In short: you want to join the wave.

For now, I do not have email integration with wave, yet. And the
limited amount of users, well, keeps the fun a little away. But
Twitter works just fine : ) And I have seen somewhere I can integrate
my blogspot.com too (owned by Google since a few years). Oh, and still
looking for the demo I have seen a few months ago concerning the
grammar and spelling robot / feature that intelligently corrects and
suggests names, spelling and grammar.

If this happens for the Dutch language, our nation is saved - for
spelling is not educated anymore for many years in the Netherlands.
The results are terrible : ((

So thanks for posting, peace and keep posting your questions,

Devvie

~~~ devnu...@googlewave.com ~~~

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore
persevare
------
All spelling mistakes are my own and may only be distributed under the
GNU General Public License! - (© 1995-1 by Coredump; 2002-9 by
DevNullius)

devnullius @ googlewave.com

Nov 8, 2009, 6:23:51 AM11/8/09
to Google Waves - your wave

devnullius @ googlewave.com

Nov 8, 2009, 6:48:23 AM11/8/09
to Google Waves - your wave

devnullius @ googlewave.com

Nov 8, 2009, 6:51:38 AM11/8/09
to Google Waves - your wave
to get on my Google Wave nomination list, go to this article:
http://groups.google.com/group/google-waves/t/c45b1e1325fa7f73

Devvie