On AuthSubRequest what is the Google Wave scope?

ramon

Jul 2, 2010, 7:49:02 AM7/2/10
to Google Wave API
Hi All, I'm trying to use the AuthSubRequest with the following url:

https://www.google.com/accounts/AuthSubRequest?scope=http://www.google.com/wave/&next=127.0.0.1&hd=default

And it says the scope was a bad parameter, also tried http://wave.google.com
and same result.

Wondering if anyone had a solution for a valid scope on Google Wave.

Best Regards,
Ramon

Joe Gregorio

Jul 2, 2010, 2:07:44 PM7/2/10
to google-...@googlegroups.com
The Data API uses OAuth. When using OAuth the scope should be:

http://wave.googleusercontent.com/api/rpc

You can find that in the documentation here:

http://code.google.com/apis/wave/extensions/wavedataapi/index.html

Thanks,
-joe

--
Joe Gregorio
Developer Relations, Google Wave

Acerezo

Aug 4, 2010, 2:44:26 AM8/4/10
to Google Wave API
Hello Joe I've been looking the example in the splash repository
however it's very difficult form me. Do you know where can I find any
documentation or course about google waves? I'm programming a robot
and I need to do authorizations from google docs user.

Thanks.

On Jul 2, 8:07 pm, Joe Gregorio <j...@bitworking.org> wrote:
> The Data API usesOAuth. When usingOAuththe scope should be:
>
>    http://wave.googleusercontent.com/api/rpc
>
> You can find that in the documentation here:
>
>    http://code.google.com/apis/wave/extensions/wavedataapi/index.html
>
>    Thanks,
>    -joe
>
> --
> Joe Gregorio
> Developer Relations, Google Wave
>
> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 7:49 AM, ramon <ramo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All, I'm trying to use the AuthSubRequest with the following url:
>
> >https://www.google.com/accounts/AuthSubRequest?scope=http://www.googl...
>
> > And it says the scope was a bad parameter, also triedhttp://wave.google.com

pamela (Google Employee)

Aug 4, 2010, 5:17:17 AM8/4/10
to google-...@googlegroups.com
If you want to authenticate a user to Google docs, then your app will need to use OAuth to have the user grant access to your app for the Google docs data, and then store that token for your robot to use.

The common way to do this is for a robot to embed a gadget that asks for the authorization, and the documentation on using OAuth in gadgets is here: