Blip ID with active API

Léo SEI

Aug 3, 2010, 1:28:05 PM8/3/10
to Google Wave API
Hi, I've a probleme with the blip id retrieval with the active API.

I've a active robot which can create or reply to existing wave.

when I create a new wave, I can retrieve the root_blip id but when I
want to reply inside of an existing wave I do the following

wave=myRobot.fetch_wavelet(wave_id=WID)
blip=wave.reply()
blip.append(msg)
myRobot.submit(wave)

Then I'd like to be abble to store the blip.blip_id but it's only a
temporary ID...
any one got a idea on how to do it ?

pamela (Google Employee)

Aug 3, 2010, 8:08:27 PM8/3/10
to google-...@googlegroups.com
We don't currently provide a good way to retrieve the ID of the created blip.

The suggested workaround is to annotate the blip with a custom data annotation, and store that in your database, so that you can figure out which blip it was by checking the annotations next time you operate on the wavelet.

Léo SEI

Aug 4, 2010, 9:44:27 AM8/4/10
to Google Wave API
Ok thanks,
but I've problems with those annotation;

let's say I have generated a id called "bid" and my blip is called
"blip"

i've tried

blip.annotions=Annotation("bid",bid) //don't know what start and end
are for..?

or blip.annotations["bid"]=bid

but none of those works.. what is the simple way to add an annotation
to this blip ? (whith the app engine uploading, it takes ages to test
everything...:( )
should I use append ? (but I want the annotation to be invisible)...

thanks a lot in advance

On Aug 4, 1:08 am, "pamela (Google Employee)" <pamela...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> We don't currently provide a good way to retrieve the ID of the created
> blip.
>
> The suggested workaround is to annotate the blip with a custom data
> annotation, and store that in your database, so that you can figure out
> which blip it was by checking the annotations next time you operate on the
> wavelet.On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 3:28 AM, Léo SEI <sei7...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi, I've a probleme with the blip id retrieval with the active API.
>
> > I've a active robot which can create or reply to existing wave.
>
> > when I create a new wave, I can retrieve the root_blip id but when I
> > want to reply inside of an existing wave I do the following

> >                wave=myRobot.fetch_wavelet(wave_id=WID)
> >                blip=wave.reply()
> >                blip.append(msg)
> >                myRobot.submit(wave)
>
> > Then I'd like to be abble to store the blip.blip_id but it's only a
> > temporary ID...
> > any one got a idea on how to do it ?
>
> > --
> > .

Léo SEI

Aug 4, 2010, 10:56:23 AM8/4/10
to Google Wave API
finally find my way with the sample code I found