Google I/O Attendees Access Granted

pamela (Google employee)

Jun 10, 2009, 11:28:44 PM6/10/09
to Google Wave API
All I/O attendees that correctly filled out the special Wave I/O sign
up form have been emailed with Wave sandbox account information.

If you attended I/O and haven't received an account yet, please make
sure you've filled out this form:
http://wave.google.com/signups/io_signup.html

Please make sure you use the correct email on that form, as that is
how we will verify your I/O attendance.

- pamela

SMO

Jun 11, 2009, 8:05:30 AM6/11/09
to Google Wave API
Hi Pamela,
I am an I/O attendee that signed up using that form, and I still
haven't received a sandbox account. (And yes, I also checked my spam
folder daily as Alan had suggested.) I/O must still have me in their
records as they contacted me since again on June 4th with an e-mail
("Thank You for Attending Google I/O 2009") asking for feedback. I'm
miffed as to why I wouldn't have been given access...

My registration number for I/O was 100152, and I used the same address
as I did to sign up (and am using now with my latest request).

I would appreciate anything you can do to help me do to resolve this.
I really appreciate the work that you all are doing, and I know it is
a busy time, but anything you can do to help would be appreciated.

Sacha

On Jun 10, 11:28 pm, "pamela (Google employee)" <pamela....@gmail.com>

Andy

Jun 11, 2009, 12:48:21 PM6/11/09
to Google Wave API
Hi all,

I have the same problem. I applied using the same email address as I
registered with - the same one the Wave invite was sent to - but have
not received my Wave account. I have tried the application 3 times.

My registration number for I/O was 101352.

Andy

Kevin Karpenske

Jun 11, 2009, 1:32:06 PM6/11/09
to Google Wave API
I'm in the same boat.

Registration Number 104192

focuser

Jun 11, 2009, 2:21:32 PM6/11/09
to Google Wave API
me too..

Registration Number: 103349

On Jun 11, 10:32 am, Kevin Karpenske <kevin.karpen...@gmail.com>

Mike Koss

Jun 11, 2009, 5:21:24 PM6/11/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
me too

Registration Number 101010 (I know, cool, huh?)

Mike Koss
StartPad.org
Seattle Software Development Offices
(206) 388-3466

David Sainte-Claire

Jun 11, 2009, 5:29:45 PM6/11/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
I'm pretty sure that all the registration numbers which people just broadcast to the entire Wave community belong to me. Please forward me all those account information in a separate, private, Wave :)

mckoss

Jun 11, 2009, 6:28:19 PM6/11/09
to Google Wave API
OK - i found the problem. The Google Wave account mail was sent to
Spam in my gmail account. Unfortunately, I read my mail in another
gmail account to which I have all my mail forwarded (so, it was in
another spam mailbox).

On Jun 11, 2:21 pm, Mike Koss <mck...@startpad.org> wrote:
> me too
>
> Registration Number 101010 (I know, cool, huh?)
>
> Mike Koss
> StartPad.org
> Seattle Software Development Offices
> (206) 388-3466

Oliver

Jun 11, 2009, 7:07:05 PM6/11/09
to Google Wave API
Gee, I can maybe understand that my employer's mail filter would mis-
classify an email from Google as SPAM. But gmail?!

Anyway, thanks to Pamela for starting this thread... hopefully I'll
get my account any day now. And I'll keep an eye on my gmail spam
folder, too (specified my gmail account in the sign-up form now).

Mike Koss

Jun 11, 2009, 7:33:40 PM6/11/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
To help you find it, the mail will be from "Google Wave IO Invites <google-wave...@googlegroups.com>" with the subject "Get Ready to Wave".

Mike Koss
StartPad.org
Seattle Software Development Offices
(206) 388-3466

Adam Loving

Jun 12, 2009, 3:14:37 PM6/12/09
to Google Wave API
Hi -

During the conference, I mistakenly filled the public Google Wave sign
up form instead of the sandbox sign-up form. I am very eager to try
out the sandbox, and have now filled out the correct form. I thought I
would post here in case you weren't looking at the conference sign up
list any more.

Thank you!
Adam

On Jun 10, 8:28 pm, "pamela (Google employee)" <pamela....@gmail.com>

paramendra

Jun 12, 2009, 6:19:37 PM6/12/09
to Google Wave API
I was not at the Google I/O event, but I followed it closely online.
More important, I think I deserve an early invite to use Wave based on
this:

Google Wave: Organizations Will Go Topsy Turvy
http://technbiz.blogspot.com/2009/06/google-wave-organizations-will-go-topsy.html

I am not a developer, but I am like a developer. I have been blogging
about Wave feverishly. Will continue to do so. How can I do that fully
unless I start using Wave right away?

Ms. Pamela Fox, what do you think? Do I have a point?

James Purser

Jun 12, 2009, 6:31:54 PM6/12/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
paramendra wrote:
> I was not at the Google I/O event, but I followed it closely online.
> More important, I think I deserve an early invite to use Wave based on
> this:
>
> Google Wave: Organizations Will Go Topsy Turvy
> http://technbiz.blogspot.com/2009/06/google-wave-organizations-will-go-topsy.html

Umm whut?

You can wait along with the rest of us thanks. Merely blogging about
Wave is no reason to grab an "early invite".

> I am not a developer, but I am like a developer. I have been blogging
> about Wave feverishly. Will continue to do so. How can I do that fully
> unless I start using Wave right away?
>
> Ms. Pamela Fox, what do you think? Do I have a point?

No, no you don't.

Here's the thing, demanding, begging or offering services of a personal
nature will not get you any closer to having an account than those of us
who wait patiently for access. If you want to see what a Wave server
could look like, why don't you track down the community implementations
that are being developed as we speak (along with the federation protocol).

--
James Purser
Collaborynth

Pete Doyle

Jun 14, 2009, 11:33:00 PM6/14/09
to Google Wave API
Hi Pamela,
I am another I/O attendee who has not yet received a Wave sandbox
account. I have now signed up 3 times at http://wave.google.com/signups/io_signup.html,
each time with the same email address as I used for my I/O
registration. One side note- I also put in a CC email when I
registered, though I filled out the sandbox request using my primary
email. My registration number was 120585.

Thanks,
Pete Doyle

On Jun 10, 8:28 pm, "pamela (Google employee)" <pamela....@gmail.com>

BJ

Jun 15, 2009, 5:33:28 PM6/15/09
to Google Wave API
Hello,
I also have not yet received my sandbox account. I have requested one
using the same company email I used when I registered for Google IO as
well as with a personal gmail account and have not yet seen an email.
I have checked my spam boxes to be sure but none are hiding. My
coworker, however, received his the second day of accounts being
approved. How can I obtain a sandbox account?

Thank you for your time.

On Jun 14, 8:33 pm, Pete Doyle <petedo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Pamela,
> I am another I/O attendee who has not yet received a Wave sandbox
> account.  I have now signed up 3 times athttp://wave.google.com/signups/io_signup.html,

SMO

Jun 15, 2009, 8:52:44 PM6/15/09
to Google Wave API
Hi Pamela,
I know you all are incredibly busy, and I am so sorry to sound like a
broken record -- but would it be possible to get an ETA on our
invites?

I've signed up using the web form twice, posted on a number of threads
where Googlers were giving updates about the invite process (including
this one -- post #2), and I still haven't received anything... and
while checking spam every couple hours is something I'll probably
continue to do, I'd really appreciate anything you can do to give us
an ballpark date.

Thanks again for your help.

SMO

Brian Kennish (Googler)

Jun 15, 2009, 9:37:24 PM6/15/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 5:52 PM, SMO <sos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know you all are incredibly busy, and I am so sorry to sound like a
> broken record -- but would it be possible to get an ETA on our
> invites?

Hey, please check back here tomorrow or Wednesday. We're working on
something so I/O attendees who still don't have access will be able to
get troubleshooting help (and, yes, won't have to keep emailing this
list).

Jay Kapadia

Jun 16, 2009, 12:48:18 PM6/16/09
to Google Wave API
Hi Pamela,
I have filled this form a couple of times. Now that I read up stuff I
think some mail might have come and gone into the spam folder. Can you
resend the email. i did attend the IO event.

jaysk...@gmail.com

Jay Kapadia

On Jun 10, 8:28 pm, "pamela (Google employee)" <pamela....@gmail.com>

Steve Stratoti

Jun 16, 2009, 1:32:31 PM6/16/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
If it hasn't been said already, search your SPAM filter in gmail for the word 'wave'. I got my account back on June 3rd or something, but the email went into spam for some reason.

I was able to get my account information and logon.

Thanks!

Stephen Stratoti

Business Process Engineer
Ferrilli Information Group
117-119 North Olive St.
Media, PA 19063
Office: (888) 864-3282
Mobile: (609) 226-7240
Fax: (215) 689-3842
Website: http://www.figsolutions.com
Email: sstr...@figsolutions.com

To schedule services or emergency support, please call (888)864-3282.

Kumaravel Kandasami

Jun 16, 2009, 2:19:44 PM6/16/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Thank You Stephen. I did find mine just now in the spam email.

Kumar    _/|\_
www.saisk.com
ku...@saisk.com
"making a profound difference with knowledge and creativity..."

Mark Renouf

Jun 16, 2009, 3:28:38 PM6/16/09
to Google Wave API
Hi Brian,

Another Wave-less Google I/O attendee here. I'm in Contact with a
couple Googlers* who said they've added me to a "fast-track" list to
get my account (I'm on GTUG-Managers, a GWT Contributor). I'm not sure
what to expect at this point. After hearing that others from I/O have
access I'm a bit bummed.

I did just scan my Spam folder and no such invite is there :-(

What can we expect today-ish in terms of a tool, and will that be
announced here?

On Jun 15, 9:37 pm, "Brian Kennish (Googler)" <byoo...@google.com>

Brian Kennish (Googler)

Jun 16, 2009, 3:51:49 PM6/16/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 12:28 PM, Mark Renouf <mark....@gmail.com> wrote:
> What can we expect today-ish in terms of a tool, and will that be
> announced here?

Hey Mark, I or someone else on the team will put up a sticky post with
details, most likely tomorrow. We're going to do something very
lightweight but having a queue on our end because Groups doesn't make
it easy to keep track of who's waiting for help.

MichaelHelm

Jun 16, 2009, 4:27:29 PM6/16/09
to Google Wave API
Just FYI - I just found mine in my gmail spam folder; it's been hiding
there while I
was traveling/off-net.

On Jun 10, 8:28 pm, "pamela (Google employee)" <pamela....@gmail.com>

luke_hutchison

Jun 16, 2009, 5:06:18 PM6/16/09
to Google Wave API
Same problem here. I cleared my spam messages a day before I read
this post :-(

pethams

Jun 16, 2009, 5:07:34 PM6/16/09
to Google Wave API
I have not received my wave account details and here is my
registration number 103491.
Filled out the sign up form again today.

On Jun 10, 8:28 pm, "pamela (Google employee)" <pamela....@gmail.com>

luke_hutchison

Jun 17, 2009, 11:54:04 PM6/17/09
to Google Wave API
Hi Brian,

Why not just run the signup script again against the Google Docs form
that Google IO attendees signed up on (or at least for those who never
activated their account)... It sounds like many people on here that
had problems have signed up again since the spam-classified message
was sent out.

On Jun 17, 7:51 am, "Brian Kennish (Googler)" <byoo...@google.com>

luke_hutchison

Jun 18, 2009, 12:02:09 AM6/18/09
to Google Wave API
Has anyone that posted their registration number here subsequently
received an account? I didn't post my reg # because I figured it
wouldn't make a difference (it looks like Google are posting another
reg method soon?), but I'll dig it up if it you Googlers are indeed
helping people out one-off. Thanks!

SMO

Jun 18, 2009, 2:12:26 PM6/18/09
to Google Wave API
Hi Brian,
Any other details on this? We really appreciate your help...

Thanks,
Sacha

On Jun 16, 3:51 pm, "Brian Kennish (Googler)" <byoo...@google.com>

Brian Kennish (Googler)

Jun 18, 2009, 5:42:02 PM6/18/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 11:12 AM, SMO <sos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any other details on this?

Hey Sacha, just posted. Sorry for the sluggishness.

I'm closing this thread now. For further instructions, read
http://groups.google.com/group/google-wave-api/browse_thread/thread/cd613929d8034e22.

Brian Kennish (Googler)

Jun 18, 2009, 5:50:48 PM6/18/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 2:42 PM, Brian Kennish (Googler)
<byo...@google.com> wrote:
> I'm closing this thread now. For further instructions, read
> http://groups.google.com/group/google-wave-api/browse_thread/thread/cd613929d8034e22.

Argh, wrong URL. If you're an I/O attendee still waiting for access,
go to http://groups.google.com/group/google-wave-api/browse_thread/thread/53126eed26b87980.

I'm closing this thread for real now. :-P

This conversation is locked