Making the vertical axis in linechart a major axis

Sami R al-Subhi

Sep 27, 2013, 3:19:06 AM9/27/13
to google-visua...@googlegroups.com
the default major axis in linechart is the horizontal axis and I want to make it the vertical instead. I have I set of subsurface "depths" and at each depth there is "pore pressure" and "fracture pressure". I want the "depths" to be in the vertical axis but I cannot see an option to do that.

Camden Narzt

Sep 27, 2013, 9:51:02 AM9/27/13
to google-visua...@googlegroups.com
Just swap the x and y values in your input data, the only thing that doesn't really work in a vertical graph is the line smoothing. For that you need to create a horizontal graph and rotate it with CSS, and rotate/move any text with css&js. Also you will need to disable tool tips as those reset the text layout on display for some reason.

On Friday, September 27, 2013, Sami R al-Subhi wrote:
the default major axis in linechart is the horizontal axis and I want to make it the vertical instead. I have I set of subsurface "depths" and at each depth there is "pore pressure" and "fracture pressure". I want the "depths" to be in the vertical axis but I cannot see an option to do that.

Sent from my iPhone

Sergey Grabkovsky

Sep 27, 2013, 9:54:46 AM9/27/13
to google-visua...@googlegroups.com
You can also achieve this by setting the 'orientation' option to 'vertical'.

- Sergey

Camden Narzt

Sep 27, 2013, 10:30:42 AM9/27/13
to google-visua...@googlegroups.com
That would be awesome, where is it documented?

Sergey Grabkovsky

Sep 27, 2013, 10:40:27 AM9/27/13
to google-visua...@googlegroups.com
It isn't yet (we're working on it), but you can look at this jsfiddle for an example.

- Sergey