Gantt chart taking very long to render

Rahul Trivedi

Aug 31, 2021, 2:30:02 PM8/31/21
to Google Visualization API
Hello folks,

We have noticed recently that our Gantt chart load times have spiked a lot. A quick performance profile of the render shows that the delay is in the draw() call resulting from a lot or layout changes and rendering. Has anyone else noticed this and is there a known issue on this?

We are using a gantt chart to  plot service start and duration times so we have a ~150-200 rows on the chart.

Rahul Trivedi

Sep 9, 2021, 12:13:45 PM9/9/21
to Google Visualization API
Any word here? looks like any page that is trying to render the gantt chart with ~200+ rows is crashing. We have tried this on a few browsers and they are all showing the same issue.

Rahul Trivedi

Sep 9, 2021, 12:44:22 PM9/9/21
to Google Visualization API
Here is a simple fiddle that can reproduce the issue:

notice the long render time as well as the very long delays on to tooltip when hovering on a bar.

Ray Thomas

Sep 9, 2021, 10:48:32 PM9/9/21
to Google Visualization API
Hi, I can't see anything wrong with the speed it's rendering at either in JSFiddle or wen I copied the code to my own file.

Maybe trying another browser might hep?

rahu-jsfiddle.mp4
rahu-local.mp4

Rahul Trivedi

Sep 10, 2021, 10:16:53 AM9/10/21
to Google Visualization API

Thanks Ray!

Could you please let me know what version of the Chrome Browser you are using? I have tried this on Chome and Edge Browsers and they are both showing the same rendering delays.

Regards,

Ray Thomas

Sep 10, 2021, 10:22:54 PM9/10/21
to Google Visualization API
Here's what I found in a couple of browsers:

Chrome  93.0.4577.63 - runs everything fine
Edge  93.0.961.44 -  runs everything fine
Firefox 91.0.1 - seems a little bit slower rendering the JSFiddle but otherwise OK
Opera  78.0.4093.184 - seems slower than Firefox at rendering the JSFiddle, slow at rendering the local file, can't show the tooltips on either
IE 11 - can't render the JSFiddle at all, slow rendering the local file, can't show the tooltips

If it helps, I've had users reporting problems with some charts I've created if they are using some extensions in Chrome.

How's your memory usage when running this? Opera uses even more memory than Chrome does when running the chart.

Ray