Gantt chart - are multiple 'Project' layers possible?

JAda_1111

Oct 20, 2021, 8:00:51 PM10/20/21
to Google Visualization API
I'm trying to implement a Gantt chart; I have an example working for a single Project view.  I had a couple of questions...

How can I dynamically set or change the tooltip information for the Gantt chart?

The bigger question:  I would like to create a dashboard view where data from multiple Projects can be viewed in the same chart.

The data structure is a simple two-tiered setup:  Projects (parent) and Tasks (child).  A Project can have multiple Tasks, each Task with a Start and End date.

Example data:
Proj1
    Task1; Admin
    Task2; Setup
    Task3; teardown

Proj2
    Task1; Admin
    Task2; Setup
    Task3; teardown

Proj3
    Task1; Rebuild
    Task2; teardown

My initial implementation shows just a single Project's Tasks; works well.  What I would like to do, however, is create a view where Tasks are shown from multiple projects, with a header row for each Project.  So let's say I am on the Teardown crew, I want to see what my schedule is like for all Projects; I should see all of the Task = Teardown entries, each one tagged with the Project meta data, or having a summary entry/row for the Project meta data.

So it should represent this data (for example):
Proj1
    Task3; teardown

Proj2
    Task3; teardown

Proj3
    Task2; teardown

Is that possible with this chart library?

Thanks, J