Orh Chart - Nodes and optional Links

Grubby Miner

Aug 16, 2021, 11:24:04 AM8/16/21
to Google Visualization API
I need a couple items in the org chart to work better. 1) One node open at a time at the (2 level) and 2) optional link added (see Lance Roberts) 3) all nodes same width

Grubby Miner

Aug 16, 2021, 3:21:36 PM8/16/21
to Google Visualization API
I have two options right now that I am trying to make work.
1) to have all information pull from one spreadsheet - but only allow Level 1 (president) amd Level 2 (vp) to show up on initial view - and the user can click on the node (blue box) to expand that level of the chart. The issue I am having is when you open another level and then open another, they both are expanded. I would like to have the previous level close when opening the next (to minimize horizontal scroll).
Example of this option:
2) If I can't get the node option to work, then I will need to add a link that will open up the next level org chart. This method uses different sheets and pulls from one spreadsheet, but is more cumbersome to edit and build out.
Examples of this option: