Potential error in stylesheet warning

Gerry Kroll

Mar 3, 2023, 12:42:25 PM3/3/23
to Google Visualization API
I am trying to determine the cause of a Google Charts warning, "Potential error in stylesheet  ...."  .

The chart type is "bvs" .  The warning message occurs no matter which of several similar css stylesheets I am using.

The stylesheets have all been validated without error using the W3C CSS validation service https://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ as well as several other ones.

To see the error for yourself, visit  https://keldine.ca/phpGedView/indilist.php?surname=KROLL&ged=Kroll.GED  and click on the checkbox "Show statistics charts".  The error will appear three times, once for each invocation of the Google Charts API.

The appearance of the actual charts seems to be correct.

Daniel LaLiberte

Mar 24, 2023, 1:04:53 PM3/24/23
to Google Visualization API
(Your message was marked as spam in my gmail, so I didn't see it until now.  Not sure why, but probably because of the links.  Perhaps this is related to why the group was blocked for a few days.  Not your fault, of course.)

There is no string in the Google Charts code matching what you are seeing "Potential error in stylesheet ...", but I would suspect the error relates to the stylesheet it is referring to: "themes/xenea/style.css", and how that might be applied to the chart.  In that page that shows the error, I see: "<link rel="stylesheet" href="themes/xenea/style.css" type="text/css" media="all">"   So you should probably investigate where that is coming from.

Gerry Kroll

Mar 24, 2023, 2:30:20 PM3/24/23
to Google Visualization API
All:
The error message is embedded in the css parser, and has absolutely nothing to do with Google Charts.  Please accept my apology for not searching for this message in the application code.

Beside that, my application is using the now-deprecated Google Charts APIs.  Once more, apologies.