Queries giving error only on Mobile Devices

Avadhoot Dandekar

Dec 7, 2022, 5:31:42 AM12/7/22
to Google Visualization API
Hello Daniel,

I have some Google charts embedded in my site.
I am giving the link here. This chart works well in the desktop chrome browser. And it was also working well on the mobile browser.

It works well in the desktop chrome browser but it gives the following attached error in the chrome mobile browser. The .exe file works in the chrome desktop browser but gives the same error in the mobile chrome browser. I tried other browsers but the same issue. I am using the current library.

Everything was working well till yesterday.

The same is the story for all other queries/ charts.

Please HELP!! Thanks and regards.
Screenshot_2022-12-07-15-55-31-042_com.android.chrome.jpg

Daniel LaLiberte

Dec 7, 2022, 11:33:26 AM12/7/22
to google-visua...@googlegroups.com
Hi Avadhoot,

I tried your link on my android phone, and the Table chart seems to work fine.  I don't see anything in the error screenshot that you attached that suggests this is related to the Table chart.   In particular, there is nothing about an ".exe" file used by Google Charts.  Also, nothing has changed with Google Charts recently, so I would suspect that something else must have changed to cause the error you started seeing yesterday.  Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Daniel LaLiberte

 • SWE

 Cambridge MA

 • dlaliberte@Google.com

Message has been deleted

Ray Thomas

Dec 7, 2022, 11:09:50 PM12/7/22
to Google Visualization API
It works properly on my Android as well. I have seen error messages like this on phones before, but that was years ago. Some devices never could display anything made with the API. If everything is the same, I don't see why it should work one day and not the next.

Google Scripts does this sometimes if you are logged into it with multiple accounts, but it can do it for other reasons as well.

Ray

Avadhoot Dandekar

Dec 12, 2022, 4:24:45 AM12/12/22
to Google Visualization API
Yes, Ray. You are right.

I have diagnosed the issue and found that when I use two user IDs in the same browser it gives an error. The same query works on the desktop browser. And the same query works on some other browsers. So script.google.com does not work with multiple IDs. But I am talking about the embedded query in my site which is a published query. This looks very strange. Is there any solution to this?

Ray Thomas

Dec 12, 2022, 2:55:06 PM12/12/22
to Google Visualization API
As far as I know, the best solution that works is to just use one ID. But, https://developers.google.com/apps-script/guides/projects also has this:

  • Open an incognito window in Google Chrome, or an equivalent private browsing window, and log in to the Google Account that has the Apps Script project, add-on, or web app you need to access.

Avadhoot Dandekar

Dec 13, 2022, 11:18:15 AM12/13/22
to Google Visualization API
Thanks, Ray and Daniel. Thanks again!!