Google charts error 404

Tiago Antônio Borba Oliveira

Apr 9, 2024, 11:13:21 AMApr 9
to Google Visualization API
We use the Google Charts API in our systems for generating QR codes (https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?chs=200x200&cht=qr&chl=<?=$enderecoPix;?>&choe=UTF-8). However, as of today's date, 09/04/2024, users have started reporting that the QR code is not loading, and upon verification, it returns a 404 error. Does anyone know if Google has made any statement regarding this?

Yuliia Andreieva

Apr 9, 2024, 7:21:19 PMApr 9
to Google Visualization API
I have same issue

dolphus

Apr 10, 2024, 6:54:53 AMApr 10
to Google Visualization API
The API has been deprecated for a little more than a decade. I'm seeing the same behavior with a chart I'm using to label maps. It looks like the API may have finally gone away altogether?

Best Regards,
Hamilton Carter

dolphus

Apr 10, 2024, 6:59:29 AMApr 10
to Google Visualization API
Regarding deprecations please see this post from a few months back. Here's the pertinent text:

"It's been on the documentation page for many years:
https://developers.google.com/chart/image

It's not in the HTTP response. I'm not even sure whether it's possible to put free text into an HTTP response, although I concede that would have been a good thing to do if so.

Ultimately the only effective mechanism we had was to turn the service off for increasingly long periods of time. My apologies that we didn't have a better solution.

I'll turn it back on now, but will turn it off again for several hours tomorrow.

Jon

"

Best Regards,
Hamilton Carter