[Official Google Video Blog] In Honor of Veterans Day

Google Video team

Nov 9, 2006, 7:23:52 PM11/9/06
to google-v...@googlegroups.com
In honor of Veterans Day, we're highlighting this really cool clip from the film "Speed and Angels" where director Peyton Wilson takes you through the breathtaking world of U.S. Navy fighter pilots. Children often dream outrageous dreams about what they want to do when they grow up. The movie follows two young naval officers fighting to pursue their dreams of becoming pilots and fighting to stay alive as they deploy to Iraq.

On a side note, did you know that Veterans Day is celebrated worldwide? It's actually an International Day called "Armistice Day" and is the anniversary of the signing of the armistice of World War I. All major hostilities of World War I were formally ended at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month in 1918 when the Germans signed the armistice. See, the Google Video Blog is not only entertaining, it's educational too.

Today's Highlighted Video

Click here to watch "F-14s catapulting from carriers"
The surprising things pilots say when catapulted from aircraft carriers. Film clip from Speed and Angels movie. Visit www.speedandangels.com
1 min 32 sec

Share this video with your friends using the "Send link to a friend" feature! Learn how here!

--
Posted by Google Video team to Official Google Video Blog at 11/09/2006 02:38:00 PM