Rendering translated webpage in Angular

Haitao Cai

May 5, 2022, 12:11:17 PM5/5/22
to Google Cloud Translation API
Hi All,

We are using Google Translate to translate Amazon Detail pages (e.g. https://www-amazon-com.translate.goog/dp/B07NLNRWBV?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=zh-CN&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp). Ideally, we would like to embed the translated webpage (rather than the mere URL) into our annotation tool built using Angular. Apparently, the translated webpage forbids being embedded as an iframe element. Therefore, we are wondering whether it feasible to achieve this embedding.

Eduardo Ortiz Caraveo

May 6, 2022, 12:32:18 PM5/6/22
to Google Cloud Translation API
I found this angular documentation that might seem helpful for your case. It explains how you can prepare a component for translation.

Haitao Cai

May 9, 2022, 10:51:15 AM5/9/22
to Google Cloud Translation API
This seems to require ownership of the original webpage. However, we are wondering whether we can embed the Google-translated page into our Angular application without obtaining ownership of the original webpage.

Eduardo Ortiz Caraveo

May 9, 2022, 3:37:23 PM5/9/22
to Google Cloud Translation API
I see, i found this tutorial and hope it helps

Haitao Cai

May 12, 2022, 11:09:26 AM5/12/22
to Google Cloud Translation API
Is it possible to embed a side-by-side view of the Google-translated webpage, rather than just a URL or a button into Angular application?

Eduardo Ortiz Caraveo

May 12, 2022, 2:31:48 PM5/12/22
to Google Cloud Translation API
I couldn't find information if you can achieve this in other way, my suggestion is that you post in in stackoverflow or another site where more people could give you support.