Beta support language API

Kharag Kunchok

Jul 12, 2022, 6:13:39 PM7/12/22
to Google Cloud Translation API
Can I use beta support language API for mobile app development?

I can see the Tibetan language (bo) is in the beta stage and to make it more stable we need to provide more feedback on this. I plan to build an application with the help of google translate API so that any user can use the same app and provide better feedback. But I don't see the Tibetan language in the google translate API support languages list. Can I still use Google Translate API for the beta language? If not How can I make use of it?

Regards
Kunchok Tashi

Eduardo Ortiz Caraveo

Jul 14, 2022, 11:59:58 AM7/14/22
to Google Cloud Translation API
Yes, you should be able to make use of it, but note that as you mention the Tibetan language is still in beta, this means that some translations that you make are going to be inaccurate.

Kharag Kunchok

Jul 18, 2022, 6:04:33 PM7/18/22
to Google Cloud Translation API
HI, I have tried calling API and getting 400 errors for the beta support language,
Can you check and confirm?

Here is API

respond
{
"error": {
"code": 400,
"message": "Bad language pair: |bo",
"errors": [
  {
"message": "Bad language pair: |bo",
"domain": "global",
"reason": "badRequest"
}
],
"details": [
  {
"fieldViolations": [
  {
"field": "target",
"description": "Target language: bo"
}
],
}
],
}
}

Kharag Kunchok

Jul 18, 2022, 6:04:34 PM7/18/22
to Google Cloud Translation API
No, It doesn't work with beta language. Can you guys check and let me know. I am pretty sure language code is bo
This is the API query

Result is :
{
"error": {
"code": 400,
"message": "Bad language pair: |bo",
"errors": [
  {
"message": "Bad language pair: |bo",
"domain": "global",
"reason": "badRequest"
}
],
"details": [
  {
"fieldViolations": [
  {
"field": "target",
"description": "Target language: bo"
}
],
}
],
}
}

Raul Saucedo Ramirez

Jul 20, 2022, 3:07:35 PM7/20/22
to Google Cloud Translation API

You could read this post, it’s about the same error. It Might help you.

Kharag Kunchok

Jul 21, 2022, 10:10:02 AM7/21/22
to Google Cloud Translation API

No, it is not the same, I can clearly see the link you share is about the API key, my API is working fine. I tried with other languages such as hi,fr and It worked perfectly fine except for the Tibetan language (bo).  The error says " Bad language pair: |bo" not some API key or anything.
Please check and update.

Regards
Kharag

Jose Gutierrez Paliza

Jul 22, 2022, 6:37:01 PM7/22/22
to Google Cloud Translation API

Tibetan is not supported by Google Translate. You can see here the full list or check in the search bar if Tibetan is supported by Google. You could file a feature request using issue tracker.