Performance impact of setting reuseSession to false

Ashish Vijayvergiya

Apr 18, 2020, 12:15:17 PM4/18/20
to google-toolbox-for-mac

Hi there,

I am writing a small wrapper to help us download images in our iOS app. We want to consider what type of network the user is using (wifi vs cellular vs hotspot etc) to decide what quality(high or low) of image to download. The code is ready but I found errors while testing and by debugging I realized GTMSessionFetcherService reuses sessions (NSURLSession) among multiple requests. This causes issues in my code as we need to set different config (NSURLSessionConfiguration) with each request. The class GTMSessionFetcherService provides a property reuseSession to disable the sharing of sessions. But before using this I wanted to understand whats the performance impact (if any) of disabling this flag?

Regards,

Ashish