xCode server bot unable to read module map contents

TJ Bryant

Mar 22, 2018, 10:43:55 AM3/22/18
to google-toolbox-for-mac
I'm trying to set up a bot to create the artifact of my iOS Swift application and I'm running into an issue.

When I compile/run manually everything works but when the bot runs, this error stops it:

Error: unable to read module map contents from Target Support Files/GoogleToolboxForMac/GoogleToolboxForMac.modulemap'

I have tried a pretrigger to call pod update and I've also tried cleaning the workspace 'always'.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Thomas Van Lenten

Mar 22, 2018, 10:47:33 AM3/22/18
to google-toolbox-for-mac
This doesn't like it is very specific to GTM vs. likely something specific to your app and/or your bot set up.  One guess would be doesn't pods require you always build using the workspace it creates/manages?  Is your bot configured to build using that workspace or just your Xcode project?  Maybe doing the pod command happens to get the extra work the workspace would do done also?

TVL

TJ Bryant

Mar 22, 2018, 10:58:18 AM3/22/18
to google-toolbox-for-mac
When configuring the bot, I don't see anywhere to set the workspace.  Is "Scheme" under configuration the same as workspace?  There I have selected my application.  I have not selected GTM.  I have several pods and GTM + Kingfisher are the only ones that are showing this error.

Thomas Van Lenten

Mar 22, 2018, 11:04:03 AM3/22/18
to google-toolbox-for-mac

On Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 10:58:18 AM UTC-4, TJ Bryant wrote:
When configuring the bot, I don't see anywhere to set the workspace.  Is "Scheme" under configuration the same as workspace?  There I have selected my application.  I have not selected GTM.  I have several pods and GTM + Kingfisher are the only ones that are showing this error.

A Workspace or a Project can hold Schemes.

I've never used Xcode Server, so I don't really know.  In Xcode it comes down to what you opened, the project file or the workspace, I'm guessing something like that still applies is setting up Server.

As to why GTM only shows this, it are the other pods ObjC?  Do you use them all in the same way?  Bridging headers, etc.  Since you are using CocoaPods, it is creating the project in use for GTM.  Maybe try asking some other places where folks might know specifics about using CocoaPods with Xcode Server?

TJ Bryant

Mar 22, 2018, 11:04:37 AM3/22/18
to google-toolbox-for-mac
Guess I should point out, I did create the pod in xcode using the workspace not my project.

TJ Bryant

Mar 22, 2018, 11:16:34 AM3/22/18
to google-toolbox-for-mac
I am using the workspace, not the project.

The other pods I am using are all swift.  That includes kingfisher which is also failing.

I am using them all in the same way.

I also posted the question in the continuous integration section of the apple forums.  I was just hoping someone here had encountered the issue and resolved it.

YouTu be

Sep 11, 2018, 4:44:03 PM9/11/18
to google-toolbox-for-mac
Vào 21:43:55 UTC+7 Thứ Năm, ngày 22 tháng 3 năm 2018, TJ Bryant đã viết:

monzera...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2019, 7:46:53 PM1/23/19
to google-toolbox-for-mac

monzera...@gmail.com