GoogleToolboxForMac build problem

Pac

Mar 17, 2018, 6:28:24 PM3/17/18
to google-toolbox-for-mac
I have a problem with GoogleToolboxForMac. I have used cocoapod to install FirebaseMessaging, and it creates the reference link in XCode (Frameworks folder)
The main problem, that is red, removing it the xcodebuild is failing on GoogleToolboxForMac emulator folder does not exist.

In XCode it does not make any problem, but in command line breaks the build. If i'm adding it to the linked frameworks the emulator folder has been generated, but the FirebaseAnalytics not found.

If the my project framework is referenced by xcode under Frameworks node, the whole cocoapod is not working. (command line)

It does not affect on the XCode build, it took me days, and i haven't figured out what went wrong, it's so unlogical to me.

Thomas Van Lenten

Mar 19, 2018, 10:23:55 AM3/19/18
to google-toolbox-for-mac
If you directly reference the subspecs of GTM that are needed does it resolve?  It sorta sound like it might make sense to reach out on the Firebase since since that sounds like where the dependency could be coming from and something is hiccuping there.

TVL

Paul Beusterien

Mar 20, 2018, 11:18:51 AM3/20/18
to google-toolbox-for-mac
If you have a Firebase usability question, ask a question at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/firebase+ios.  If you believe there is a Firebase bug, create an issue at https://github.com/firebase/firebase-ios-sdk/issues

In both cases, please provide enough detail to reproduce.

Pac

Mar 22, 2018, 10:59:31 AM3/22/18
to google-toolbox-for-mac
I have tried, but as you know Google support does not work really, i have attached my whole email conversation to the public. That's what i can do. I have alos a code which works fine with XCode, but not with xcodebuild command line tool.

The firebase support is asking me to support them freely to investigate the issue. I also deprecated the firebase javascipt api (600KB minified, they at least admit, there is a problem there, but i highly do not recommend to send any message to the firebase support team, even if you are going to raise bugs - does not worth to write the email). I can live without it, but not without the native ones.

Peter

Pac

Mar 22, 2018, 11:07:27 AM3/22/18
to google-toolbox-for-mac
The stackoverflow is unusable many times the right answers have been down-voted the most, and it's going at the end of the list.

I'm not sure why people are so interested to downvote, maybe there is some reputation competition is behind, to advertise himself as a good developer to get beter jobs, i have no idea.

Pac

Mar 22, 2018, 11:29:29 AM3/22/18
to google-toolbox-for-mac
I'm not sure what is GTM, but i haven't got any valuable support from Firebase, just test myself with their samples free of charge. I have wasted days on it, i have no time to solve their product issues.