Geek for a Week

Dan Bolser

Jul 14, 2011, 10:21:09 AM7/14/11
to google-summer-o...@googlegroups.com
The Ensembl "Geek for a Week" experience is a way for Ensembl software
developers and our scientific collaborators to work in an intensive
environment for short periods of time on the Wellcome Trust Genome
Campus in Hinxton, UK.

Visiting Geeks will be assigned a desk within the Ensembl team at
either the EBI or the Sanger Institute and have an opportunity to work
on their project with direct access to the developers who built the
tools and the Ensembl scientists using these for data analysis.

http://www.ensembl.org/info/about/outreach/geek4aweek.html

Lakshmi Kastury-Vennelaganti

Jul 14, 2011, 4:48:43 PM7/14/11
to google-summer-o...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr. Bolser,
Is the posting below applicable to only students? I am looking to actively participate in an open source project, and have just completed my Masters in Bioinformatics from Polytechnic Institute of NYU.

Though I am in New Jersey, I am available to work remotely. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Best Regards,
Lakshmi

> Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 15:21:09 +0100
> Subject: [GSoD] Geek for a Week
> From: dan.b...@gmail.com
> To: google-summer-o...@googlegroups.com

Dan Bolser

Jul 15, 2011, 5:14:19 AM7/15/11
to google-summer-o...@googlegroups.com
Sorry Lakshmi, I'm just forwarding the details. I don't know about
this specific programme, so I suggest you contact the organizers
directly.

Cheers,
Dan.

On 14 July 2011 21:48, Lakshmi Kastury-Vennelaganti