Disappointed?

Dan Bolser

Apr 8, 2011, 8:04:44 PM4/8/11
to GSoD
So what if Google didn't pick you!? Your hyped right? Of course the
money would have been nice, but the true value of GSoC comes from the
skills and experience gained by participating in open source software
development projects.

So lets get cracking! After all, that's the beauty of open source.

Book 1 on this summers required reading:

* Producing Open Source Software: How to Run a Successful Free
Software Project by Karl Fogel http://producingoss.com/

What's next?

Mohammad Hoda

Apr 26, 2011, 11:17:56 PM4/26/11
to GSoD
Hi Dan
Can you please elaborate on what are the minimum requirements for
getting started with coding in open source.
Are there any free online sources which can help a novice getting
started.

Thanks
Mohammad

Andrew Edwards

Apr 27, 2011, 2:03:49 AM4/27/11
to google-summer-o...@googlegroups.com
On 27 April 2011 04:17, Mohammad Hoda <shiya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dan
> Can you please elaborate on what are the minimum requirements for
> getting started with coding in open source.
> Are there any free online sources which can help a novice getting
> started.

Hi Mohammad,

Try openhatch.

http://openhatch.org/

-A

Abhishek

Apr 27, 2011, 4:48:06 AM4/27/11
to GSoD
Right. That's the spirit of open source programming. Let's get
coding :)

We can create a thread for discussion of all the projects. Like i'm
really interested in making banshee plugins. That thread will help me
find someone else who's interested in the same and we both will
benefit.

Dan Bolser

Apr 27, 2011, 4:50:34 AM4/27/11
On 27 April 2011 09:48, Abhishek <alternate...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Right. That's the spirit of open source programming. Let's get
> coding :)
>
> We can create a thread for discussion of all the projects. Like i'm
> really interested in making banshee plugins. That thread will help me
> find someone else who's interested in the same and we both will
> benefit.

Nice idea. It should be fairly easy for people to 'mute' the threads
they don't want to follow. Just start a new topic with an appropriate
title, and perhaps link (or post) your original proposal?