Java projects?

Dan Bolser

Apr 27, 2011, 6:17:06 PM4/27/11
to google-summer-o...@googlegroups.com
Hi araignat,

When changing the topic of the thread, it's good practice to change
the subject of the email, or just start a new thread (Google Groups
does a good job of reflecting that convention).

If you want to work on Java, why not try Jalvew [1], Jmol [2] or cytoscape [3]?

Cheers,
Dan.

[1] http://www.jalview.org/
[2] http://jmol.sourceforge.net/
[3] http://www.cytoscape.org/

On 27 April 2011 20:23, ara <arai...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
> Can you suggest some interesting projects with mentorship programs
> where Java developing is required?

Dan Bolser

Apr 27, 2011, 6:40:27 PM4/27/11
to GSoD
I should point out that while these projects don't have 'mentorship
programs', they all have good documentation, mailing lists and active
communities. That's all you need to get involved :D

On Apr 27, 11:17 pm, Dan Bolser <dan.bol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi araignat,
>
> When changing the topic of the thread, it's good practice to change
> the subject of the email, or just start a new thread (Google Groups
> does a good job of reflecting that convention).
>
> If you want to work on Java, why not try Jalvew [1], Jmol [2] or cytoscape [3]?
>
> Cheers,
> Dan.
>
> [1]http://www.jalview.org/
> [2]http://jmol.sourceforge.net/
> [3]http://www.cytoscape.org/

ara

Apr 28, 2011, 4:55:02 AM4/28/11
to GSoD
Hi Dan.
Thanks for your help and sorry for offtopic.
I will look through projects you suggested.

kalyan babu

Apr 28, 2011, 7:10:48 AM4/28/11
to google-summer-o...@googlegroups.com
hi DAN,
    please suggest me a project which has a good documentation and uses VB,C and oracle