elegibility of being new to open source

Yiqu Xiao

Mar 1, 2024, 7:22:38 PMMar 1
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
I have read other posts eligibility. And I'm very curious of the criteria about "new to open source contribution". How can one tell if I'm eligible? I only submitted one PR for fixing a typo in the code for an open source project before. And I did raised some PRs in my internship but it's not open sourced.

Google Summer of Code Support

Mar 1, 2024, 7:24:54 PMMar 1
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have read other posts eligibility. And I'm very curious of the criteria about "new to open source contribution". How can one tell if I'm eligible? I only submitted one PR for fixing a typo in the code for an open source project before. And I did raised some PRs in my internship but it's not open sourced.

There is an entire question on the FAQ with examples of situations that will cover most people's situations and will help  determine if you are a beginner in open source.

From what you described above you would be a beginner.