Confirmation on submitted proposals

Abhishek Annamraju

Mar 20, 2014, 11:16:13 PM3/20/14
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I wanted to know whether we get any confirmation through emails that the proposals that we have submitted on the GSoC page have been received by the respective organisation.Also submitting a proposal on the main GSoC page is enough or do I have to submit it anywhere else too? I mean the proposals I have submitted are now listed on my dashboard,is that the final step?

Thank you :)

Dirk Haun

Mar 21, 2014, 2:43:15 AM3/21/14
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
There's no confirmation. If the proposal shows up in your dashboard, then you're good.

Some orgs have additional requirements, though, for example that you have to add your proposal to a wiki page or that they ask for you to send a patch. If that's the case, it should be explained on their ideas page. You may want to double-check that.

Abhishek Annamraju

dfighter

Mar 21, 2014, 9:43:57 AM3/21/14
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
I don't speak for Google, if you want to participate in GSOC, as long as you are registered, submitted your proof of enrollment, and submitted your proposal you are fine.
However as Dirk said, the individual organizations may or may not have further requirements. You should consult with them.