Affect of selection rate

Malay Joshi

Mar 22, 2023, 2:38:14 PM3/22/23
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Being a contributor last year will decrease my chances of getting selected this year if another candidate (who is first time contributor at GSoC) also apply for that same project?

Google Summer of Code Support

Mar 26, 2023, 9:50:24 PM3/26/23
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Being a contributor last year will decrease my chances of getting selected this year if another candidate (who is first time contributor at GSoC) also apply for that same project?

No. The best candidate for that proposal will be selected. Whether that is someone applying to the project for the first time or someone who had worked with the org before. Discussions with the org around the proposal are always the best way to help you craft your proposal.

But remember it is getting late in the proposal process as just over a week is left to submit proposals. Many orgs have many dozens or hundreds of people asking questions and wanting feedback on their proposals so there could be a delay at this point.