Final GSoC Contributor Tips talk Thursday, Feb 22 2000 UTC

Stephanie

Feb 21, 2024, 11:44:16 PMFeb 21
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Please join us for our final GSoC 2024 Contributor Tips Talk:
Thursday, February 22nd   2000-2100 UTC
Via Google Meet:  meet.google.com/oqz-rtqn-qyk

We have had over 300 folks join us for the last couple of contributor talks, we hope to see you tomorrow.

As a reminder, today we announced the 195 mentoring organizations that will be taking part in GSoC 2024. Now is the time to look through the orgs and narrow it down to 2-5 that really interest you and start reading through their Project Ideas and reaching out to the orgs. Visit g.co/gsoc to check out the orgs!

Best,
Stephanie
GSoC Program Lead

Thembo Jonathan

Feb 22, 2024, 12:00:03 AMFeb 22
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Stepahnie
Is it true that the new comers(first time contributors) miss out on these talks coz they ae not on email list.
How best can we communicate to those interested.
Thanks

Stephanie

Feb 22, 2024, 12:00:58 AMFeb 22
to Google Summer of Code Discuss

Is it true that the new comers(first time contributors) miss out on these talks coz they ae not on email list.
How best can we communicate to those interested.

Anyone can join this list (it's not invite only). We also advertise these talks on our discord channel.

Kanika Varandani

Feb 22, 2024, 12:08:18 AMFeb 22
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Greetings of the day Stephanie,
Can you please share the link to Discord?
I am a first timer and currently finding it difficult to navigate all the active discussion forums of GSoC.
Regards
Kanika Varandani

Stephanie

Feb 22, 2024, 12:10:11 AMFeb 22
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
 Google Summer of Code room on Discord: discord.gg/google-dev-community
  • Once you click the link, in order to join the Google Developers Community server, you will need to sign up to Discord first (tips on how to get started);

  • In order to be able to engage in discussions on the server, you will need to verify your account, go through a quick onboarding and accept our server rules;

  • If you’re new to Discord, you may want to go through this beginner guide and familiarize yourself with the platform).