How can I Contact the Orgs?!

Mohamed E. BRIKI

Apr 1, 2023, 1:27:50 AM4/1/23
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
I see GSoc admins here recommanding to contact the Orgs to get feedback around proposals, so I have this simple question cuz I'm new to this community, i have already reached out to some mentors via linkedin but got just few responses, should I just reach out via emails or share my proposal or what?!

Thank you,

listout

Apr 1, 2023, 1:32:07 AM4/1/23
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Most organisations have a mailing lists, slack or dedicated IRC channels. On which you can communicate with them.

For example, gentoo Linux has IRC channel named #gemtoo-soc for gsoc related queries.

On Sat, Apr 1, 2023, 10:57 AM Mohamed E. BRIKI <amine.1...@gmail.com> wrote:
I see GSoc admins here recommanding to contact the Orgs to get feedback around proposals, so I have this simple question cuz I'm new to this community, i have already reached out to some mentors via linkedin but got just few responses, should I just reach out via emails or share my proposal or what?!

Thank you,

Google Summer of Code Support

Apr 1, 2023, 1:32:10 AM4/1/23
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
I see GSoc admins here recommanding to contact the Orgs to get feedback around proposals, so I have this simple question cuz I'm new to this community, i have already reached out to some mentors via linkedin but got just few responses, should I just reach out via emails or share my proposal or what?!

You should not be contacting mentors on LinkedIn, that is not appropriate.

You should look at the org's page on the GSoC website and use their contact methods they have provided. At this late point in the application period, mentors are likely VERY busy and may not have time to reply back to everyone. This is why we strongly encourage people to reach out as soon as orgs are announced to the orgs to talk about their project ideas.

Mohamed E. BRIKI

Apr 1, 2023, 1:58:58 AM4/1/23
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
okay, will do ! thanks