Eligibility related query

Prakarsh Kaushik

Mar 31, 2022, 1:29:29 PM3/31/22
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Hi, I actually applied to GSoC 2021 but wasn't selected due to fewer contributions as compared to other participants. So, am I eligible this year?

Google Summer of Code Support

Mar 31, 2022, 1:30:51 PM3/31/22
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I actually applied to GSoC 2021 but wasn't selected due to fewer contributions as compared to other participants. So, am I eligible this year?

Yes, you can apply again. You can only be accepted one time (unless you were accepted as a GSoC student in 2020 or 2021 in which case you can be accepted a second time).

Prakarsh Kaushik

Apr 1, 2022, 12:52:20 PM4/1/22
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Oh!Okay. And for strengthening my application for this year, I've already started making contributions  in the choice of my Org from January. Will I still be eligible?

Stephanie Taylor

Apr 1, 2022, 1:01:53 PM4/1/22
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Oh!Okay. And for strengthening my application for this year, I've already started making contributions  in the choice of my Org from January. Will I still be eligible?

Yes, you are still eligible.

Prakarsh Kaushik

Apr 1, 2022, 3:03:25 PM4/1/22
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Oh! okay that's great then. Just one last query about contributions. As I told that I applied previously in 2021 so I did some minor contributions. Considering that, am I still eligible?

Stephanie Taylor

Apr 1, 2022, 4:02:16 PM4/1/22
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Oh! okay that's great then. Just one last query about contributions. As I told that I applied previously in 2021 so I did some minor contributions. Considering that, am I still eligible?

 You would be eligible as long as you are still a beginner contributor which if you only did a few minor contributions you certainly would be.