I can't reach out the mentor

Ahmed Amine Ben Abdallah

Mar 22, 2024, 12:46:20 PMMar 22
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Hello,

I have found a project that I would like to contribute to and I tried to reach out to the mentor by sending him an email and a message in linkedin but he did not respond. What should I do now ?

Sincerely,

Google Summer of Code Support

Mar 22, 2024, 12:50:19 PMMar 22
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
I have found a project that I would like to contribute to and I tried to reach out to the mentor by sending him an email and a message in linkedin but he did not respond. What should I do now ?
Never reach out to a mentor via LinkedIn when trying to ask questions about a GSoC idea, that is not acceptable and will likely be ignored by the mentor and will leave them with a poor impression of you.

Reach out to the organization via their preferred contact methods that they list on their page on the GSoC site. If they have a 'Contributor Guidance' section on their GSoC page (at the bottom of the screen) then they will tell you exactly how they want to be contacted.