No. of slots given to an org

Rajat Khanduri

Jan 31, 2023, 2:09:20 PM1/31/23
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Hi. I want to know if by 19 Feb, will the organizations get to know how many slots are given to them?
Note that I am not asking for releasing the information, I want to know that does orgs themselves get to know about how many slots they are given as soon as they finds out they they are selected (i.e., on 19 Feb this year)?

Hoping to receive an answer, thank you :)

Stephanie Taylor

Jan 31, 2023, 2:16:02 PM1/31/23
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Hi. I want to know if by 19 Feb, will the organizations get to know how many slots are given to them?
Note that I am not asking for releasing the information, I want to know that does orgs themselves get to know about how many slots they are given as soon as they finds out they they are selected (i.e., on 19 Feb this year)?

No, organizations will not know how many slots they will receive until April. Discussions orgs have with GSoC contributor applicants from Feb until the end of the GSoC contributor registration period (ends April 4) help them determine which GSoC contributors they wish to select for the program. They then ask Google for those GSoC contributors.