Russian mentor with a foreign permit

Roman Nozdrin

Mar 24, 2023, 1:09:48 PM3/24/23
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Greetings,

I am curious if the restrictions on Russian mentors for a project can be alleviated if mentors have a foreign residency permit of a country that doesn't belong to any US restriction list?

Regards,
Roman

Google Summer of Code Support

Mar 24, 2023, 1:12:52 PM3/24/23
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
I am curious if the restrictions on Russian mentors for a project can be alleviated if mentors have a foreign residency permit of a country that doesn't belong to any US restriction list?

Your eligibility is based on where you are currently residing. If someone is residing in a non-embargoed country without restrictions from the US then they would be eligible to be a mentor. Per your example, if someone is in Russia during the program they would not be eligible to participate as a mentor/org admin or contributor, but if they are in Poland they would be eligible.

Regards,
Roman