Different timezone problems

Trần Kiên

Apr 15, 2022, 2:22:14 PMApr 15
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Hello organizers, I have just read about GSoC recently and felt very exciting about it. However, my timezone is GMT+7.0, I'm supposing that with different timezone, it will be more difficult in communication with the mentors and teammates.
Is that okay to join GSoC with different timezone?
Or maybe you can recommend me some organizations that are closed to my timezone.

Thank you and best regards!
Kirin Tran

Google Summer of Code Support

Apr 15, 2022, 11:22:33 PMApr 15
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Hello organizers, I have just read about GSoC recently and felt very exciting about it. However, my timezone is GMT+7.0, I'm supposing that with different timezone, it will be more difficult in communication with the mentors and teammates.
Is that okay to join GSoC with different timezone?
Or maybe you can recommend me some organizations that are closed to my timezone.

Most people will be mentored by folks in different time zones than they are in, that is totally expected and normal.