Coding Timeline for smaller projects

Aazam Thakur

Mar 28, 2024, 2:37:05 PMMar 28
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Hello, I am currently aiming at a project that has 175hrs in scope. My question is do I still need to have my coding period span over the course of 3 months? (May 27-Aug 27)
Can I not finish it early?

Google Summer of Code Support

Mar 28, 2024, 4:27:36 PMMar 28
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am currently aiming at a project that has 175hrs in scope. My question is do I still need to have my coding period span over the course of 3 months? (May 27-Aug 27)
Can I not finish it early?

 The standard project length is 12 weeks for the medium (175 hour) and large (350 hour) projects. The minimum length for a project is 10 weeks. To adjust your timeline you have to have agreement with the org.

Remember the purpose of GSoC is to get involved with the community that you are coding with and learn more about open source development, not to do the project as quickly as possible.

- GSoC Admins